Chapter 2 - The New Guy

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

He was jaw-droppingly hot and he looked mouth-wateringly delicious. His chocolate brown hair looked as if the wind had blown it, laying on top of a smooth forehead, leading down over to his piercing eyes as they searched through mine, as if trying to work out a difficult math problem which took my breath away. He had amazing cheekbones and his lips... they looked so soft and pink. He looked dark and mysterious in the night, almost like he didn't mean to. He looked like he was trying to control himself and he was putting his full strength and power, which he seemed to have a lot of, to make sure he didn't do something he would regret later.

He smelt like my own personal brand of alcohol, made just for me. It was a heavy scent, not so heavy that it made me get a headache, but just right. It was all like hot and fiery but somehow it seemed like it had a cool base kind of thing which was attracting me without my permission.

I snapped back out of my trance-like state when he smirked at me, knowing that I was totally aroused by his presence, and shook my head wondering what he wanted. For some reason, there was a fire on where he had touched me, maybe he had some over heated body? The image and words made me blush, but why? He quickly took his arm off me and looked nervous, then he started to rub at the back of his neck.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Uh, yeah?" I said, he was still staring at me, looking up and down, taking in every little detail, and I knew that he was checking me out. Ugh, boys, thank god Riley wasn't like that. "Well, if you haven't got anything else to say, I better be on my way..." oh god... why did that have to rhyme? Why did I even care? I turned around and started to make my way home. I heard footsteps behind me and then a husky voice.

"Why did you leave?" he asked curiously. I turned back around and faced him, as soon as I did, his eyes widened, it was as if I intimidated him somehow when really it was him intimidating me.

"Who are you?" I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Just answer the question." he replied and I took the time to analyze his face. I realized it was the guy from the restaurant, the one who was staring at me... wow, he looked so different. I started to walk off again but he just kept on following me.

"You know, you're being kind of stalkerish." I said while walking.

"I just want to make sure you get home safely." he replied with a protective voice that most boys are scared to use on me, afraid of rejection.

"You really don't need to do that." I walked faster but he caught up to me in seconds.

"Yes Scarlett, I really do." he said like there was a secret meaning to his words. Like there was something he knew about me that I didn't.

"How do you know my name?" we were walking past Jamie's karate club now.

"I know a lot about you." he responded with a cheeky grin that made me glance at him for a while.

"Spoken like a true stalker." I shook my head at him and kept on walking while he laughed. I could see my house in view now but next thing I knew, I found myself pulled into a dark alleyway, and pushed against a wall with a stranger's arm next to the side of my head. My heart started pounding under my skin, I don't know how or why but I just knew that his guy would never hurt me.