Chapter 14 - Accidents Happen

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

Mom?!

What the hell?!

Oh my word, this beyond embarrassing.

When I thought my mom and Tristan together would be awkward, I didn't mean it like this!

But Tristan, not knowing it was my mom, growled at her. My cheeks went rosy pink and I tried to ignore her furious eyes by turning back to Tristan.

"That's my mom." I mumbled, trying to sound quiet and hoping my words wouldn't reach her ears.

At first Tristan stared hard at me with his eyes narrowed but then they widened as he realized what I said.

"That's your mom?!" he shouted then covered his mouth with his hand but not before dropping me to the floor.

"Owh." I said while getting up.

"Sorry." he replied hastily and helped me up.

"Yes. I'm her mom." she stated being surprisingly calm. "Your dad wants to see you."

"I don't have a dad." I replied in a fierce tone and crossed my arms across my chest. She rolled her eyes and continued. What's with this whole new attitude?

"Right. Well, get dressed, and I'm sure Tristan can help you with that. By the way, he wants to see you too." she said addressing Tristan and walking off, leaving me blushing like crazy.

There was something new about her... she seemed so confident and in her presence, it was as if she owned the place. What will I wear? I'm not going to make an effort. I'll just come in what I'm wearing now.

"Yeah, Tristan can help you with that." Tristan said with a wink.

"That was so embarrassing!"

"Yeah it was." he agreed laughing his head off.

"It's not funny!" I replied smacking his arm.

"Ouch." he started rubbing where I had hit him.

"Oh man up." I answered back with my hands on my hips.

"You realize you're saying that to an Alpha right?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, so?"

"Oh my god." he said shaking his head and laughing.

"What?"

"Scar, I might be all soft and cuddly with you but everyone has a bad side."

"So what's your bad side?" I asked, desperate for the answer. He isn't really a player is he? Maybe my dad was right... no. No. Tristan is not a player.

"You'll know sooner or later..." he sighed. I grabbed his hand and held it.

"I want to know now." I insisted.

"No." he replied harshly. Much too harshly, somewhere near a shout. "I can't tell you."

I shut up after that, the hardness of his voice had got to me. I may not show it, but I am sensitive. I didn't want to be clingy or anything but I just wanted to know what he couldn't tell me. I did trust him, a lot, and I didn't care if he was a player as long as he wasn't now.