Chapter 28 - Unbelievable

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I woke up from, so far, the best night of my life and yawned. I studied the position we were in; his arm was around me, my hand on his chest, my head fitting perfectly so that his was resting at the top of mine, our legs were tangled up but we were both so comfortable.

I put his heavy arm to a side and rolled out. I got up and wondered why it was so easy to do that. I looked back at Tristan who was in deep sleep. Huh.

I went downstairs with a big goofy grin on my face and into the kitchen. The smell of toast hit me as soon as I entered and I looked around to see Riley cooking. I got a glass of orange juice and sat down to drink it, memories of last night rushing back to me as I smiled uncontrollably to myself.

"Had a good night?" Riley asked with a cheeky glint in his eye.

"Oh, yeah." I grinned back. "How about you?"

"Good..." he sipped his coffee and looked back at me. I got up and made some coffee too. I carried both mugs to the healing room and opened the door.

Tristan was already up, examining his wounds, until he met my eye and smiled. I shut the door with my foot and smiled at how he was sneakily trying to stare at what I was wearing without making it look pervy.

I walked over to him and gave him his coffee.

"Thanks." he said, taking it.

"You're welcome." I replied and took a seat next to him. "Are you feeling better?"

"I am now." he said, sending me a wink and sipping some coffee.

"Thanks but, how about your cuts?" I asked smiling.

"They're okay... they hurt but, you know, I'm like impossibly strong." he moved, purposely flexing his muscles.

"Yeah, okay." I laughed and kept my coffee on the table, he had already finished his. "Well, if you're fine, I might as well leave then."

"No." he reached over, grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. I landed on the bed and he made room for me. He pulled me closer in the bed by the waist and smirked at me. "You aren't going anywhere, love."

My heart pounded to his words but I pretended it didn't.

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrow at him. "And what if I do?"

"Then you'll be hunted down by a very angry Alpha." we smiled at eachother but as we stared into the other's eyes, our smiles disappeared slowly. And as we leaned in closer, our gazes slowly moved down to eachother's lips, I closed my eyes, everything moving in slow motion, then touched my lips to his.

The familiar sensation of feeling like only we existed came rushing back to me as his sweet, warm lips bought my cold ones back to life. I kissed him back tenderly, being cocooned in the protective, hot cage of his strong arms, the iron grip in which he placed me just made me love him even more. I ran my fingers through his soft hair like I was used and got a strong sense of nostalgia.

At that moment, I didn't care what happened to us, we loved eachother and I could finally admit that.

We heard a cough and broke away, turning to our left.

Riley stood there, his arms crossed and staring at us.

"Are you okay Alpha?" he asked.

"I'm fine and stop calling me Alpha." Tristan replied, sighing.