Chapter 27 - Whispers

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

Locked.

In a janitor's closet.

With Tristan.

Can my life get any worse?

It was so typical of this kind of stuff to happen to me.

"What? Let me try." I said, walking out, disbelieving him.

"Yeah, like that'll work." he scoffed. I ignored him and pushed the door with my dear life, still didn't work though. I sighed exasparated, and walked towards the wall. I pressed my back against it, sliding down and sitting on the floor. I was frustrated and angry, but... I was also excited and intrigued.

"Let's just wait until someone comes." I suggested. He nodded and sat down opposite me. We sat in silence for what seemed like several minutes. I was so bored but I wanted to ask him some questions.

"Tristan..." he looked up at me. "Can you tell me what happened... that day?"

He knew what I was referring to and his face changed into something unreadable.

"I already did, you didn't believe me." he looked away from me, avoiding my eyes. I pulled his jacket around me tighter. I didn't really know what to say to that.

"It's just... you say you didn't but-but I saw you. You had your arms around her, you were kissing her... and-and you were hugging her close when... when you used to do that to me." my heart was aching sorely with pain, I was holding myself closer together, pressing my knees against my chest as if I was afraid of falling apart, and I looked away from him, blinking back tears.

In a blur, he was sitting down next to me, one arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his chest as he whispered into my hair.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you Scar." his voice was low and quiet. "And I can still do all that... if you let me."

"But I don't understand you anymore. Do you want me or not?" I asked him.

"I need you." was his response. I shuffled closer and he hugged me tight. "I won't try anything, I promise."

"I know..." and I meant it. I still haven't really made up my mind about it. Sure, he infuriates me, and he cheated on me, but he was my mate. I don't really know how to be angry at him. I love him, I hate him. Ugh.

It felt nice with his arms around me, I could hear the steady rhythm of his heart through the thin fabric and I closed my eyes, listening. I felt so warm and comfortable... it was perfect.

"By the way, what did that guy give you?" he asked, moving away to stare down at me. As soon as he did so, I felt so cold. I needed him back. I fished into his jacket pocket for where I had placed the card. I took out and read out loud.

"Adrianna Collins. To be the best, you have to work with the best. Contact information, bla bla bla." I looked down more carefully. "I think this belongs to a modelling agency."

I looked up at Tristan to see him smiling broadly at me.

"Well done Miss Evans," he said, smirking down at me. "I think you just earned yourself a medal. Would you like a gold star with that?"

"Shut up." I said, playfully pushing him.

"Why don't you call them up? Here." he handed me over his phone.