Chapter 26 - Friend Or Foe

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I stood rooted to the spot, I was scared. But mainly because of Rose, I was looking out for her safety. She had a whole life to live through and she deserved it. Oh my god, what should I do? I can't just burst into my wolf.

Who the hell was this guy anyway?

Oh my god, my heart was beating so fast, it probably put cheetahs to shame.

"Any last words?" the man asked, grinning and cocking his head.

My throat was dry, I was frozen, what could I do? What should I do? What the hell was I meant to do?

Suddenly, out of nowhere a figure punches him in the face and then kicks him repeatedly. The figure runs up to me and I cringe back.

"Don't worry, it's me." his voice brought me back to my senses as I stared into his concerned eyes.

I still couldn't speak though.

"Scar?" he asked alarmed, the panic in his voice making my heart beat ten times faster.

"Red, he saved us!" Rose was jumping up and down in my arms. I let her down and she was immediately hugging his shins. He laughed and picked her up. I shook my head, registering what had just happened.

"I-you-" I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Who are you?" Rose asked, putting her head to one side.

"Tristan. And you are?" he replied, copying her actions and smiling.

"Rose." she answered, and then she did something I thought she would never do. She flicked her hair back, acting all grown up, then she put all her hair to one side and started to twirl strands with her fingers. My jaw dropped at the sight, she was never like this, never trying to act so mature. "Can I call you Crystal?"

"Crystal? Why's that?" Tristan asked frowning.

"Your name sounds like it. And me like crystals."

"Sure." he laughed then looked at me. "I have my car, need a ride?"

I nodded and followed him to his car, listening to Rose tell him her life story.

"I like ponies, and princesses, and candy, and strawberries and cream, I like to put on makeup and-" she was saying, counting each thing she liked with her fingers.

"How old are you Rose?" he asked, holding her.

"Well, I'm going to be five."

"She's four." I said, feeling the need to be in the conversation.

"And a half!" she objected, crossing her arms.

"Like it makes a difference." I mumbled. Tristan grinned at me and carried on talking to her. As soon as we saw his car, he reached inside his pocket and handed me the key. "What, so I'm driving?"

"Well, it doesn't look like she's letting me go any time soon." he said, and we both glanced at Rose who was battering her eyelashes at him. This is unbelievable. I grunted and unlocked his car. I slid into the driver's seat as he slid into the passenger's. I started the car, feeling the power I possessed come to life.

I drove as they talked, I drove faster than usual, trying to reach Lizzie's house quickly. How could I be jealous of a kid?

I stopped at the red light and looked at Tristan. Rose was in deep sleep, her arms were around Tristan's neck, her head resting on his chest and he was holding her close.