Chapter 30 - Playing The Role

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I opened my eyes, Tristan's room coming into view slowly. I turned around and looked at an empty space. Naturally, I panicked and tried to find Tristan. I sat up straight and looked around frantically when my eyes caught a sight of a box of truffles and a single red rose lying on top of a card next to a neatly stacked pile of clothes.

I crawled over towards it and got the card which said my name at the front. I opened it and read what it said inside.

Scar,

I've just gone to get my pack and tell them what's happened, I want them here to protect you. Please, don't freak out, I've left a box of truffles for you to calm you down and I got some of Becky's clothes this morning for you to wear.

Hope you feel better, love you.

Tristan x

I finished the letter with a big, goofy grin on my face, thankful that my mate was so thoughtful. I grabbed open the truffles and stuffed some in my mouth. I chewed them on my way to the bathroom as I got out of my clothes and stepped into the shower.

The water dribbled my back, leaving a trail of burning touches in the process. I washed myself and cleaned my hair then got out, I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me before stepping out.

Tristan still wasn't here yet, so I started to change into Becky's shirt and jeans. I ate some more of the truffles, put the rose in a vase and headed downstairs, refreshed. I heard loads of chatter coming and stopped halfway. Who ever was down there, they made me nervous.

I turned around to go back upstairs when Tristan spoke out.

"Oh, here comes my mate!" he said loudly in a proud voice, a hint of power behind it. I turned around on the spot, shaking my head frantically at him but he jerked his head, indicating that I come down, he had an aroma of power about him today, and it definitely suited him. He reached out his hand towards me, and I took it anxiously, he pulled me down gently but I stumbled down clumsily and crashed into him.

I looked up at the people through my hair, with my hand on Tristan's muscular chest. I got my hair out of my face and looked up at all the jaws dropped. They were all boys, of different ages, with different colour hair and eyes and skin, there were also some girls, their mates I'm guessing.

Everything was going too slowly for my liking, it was so awkward because each and every eyeball was glued onto me, every single one of their mouth open and gaping. There was a moment's silence, which felt like several minutes, and then both of us were bombarded with millions of questions.

"Where did you guys meet?"

"Have you mated yet?"

"Why is she so shy?"

"Have you been feeding her properly?"

"How the hell can a girl like her, get a guy like him?"

"One day, she'll be begging to kiss me..."

"Congratulations man!"

"Can we have a party Alpha?"

"Is it true she's just moody because she's on her period?"

But only one of them was the funniest of all. This guy who was drinking coffee spat it out on another guy's face as soon as his eyes made contact with mine.