Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

Oh god. Please tell me he isn't here.

But right infront of me lay the evidence my heart was still denying. He was wearing a dark blue and black checked shirt, finished off with black jeans. My heart hammered in my chest, taking in how fresh he looked. His brown hair was messy and tousled, as always, like he just woke up. His shirt concealing the perfectly sculptured muscles that lay within, while his smile trying to hide the pain that killed him every second. He cleaned up good...

I shook my head along with the others, trying to free ourselves of the trance that he cast around us. I didn't even hear Max say that he had to sit next to me. Heads turned left, right, up, down and behind their bodies as everyone wanted to get a glimpse of this flawless boy, but the only person he was looking at was me. Even I stared at him like I was seeing him for the first time, I controlled my lips not to send a smile in response but failed. I couldn't resist to do it.

As soon as I smiled at him, his face lit up and he took his seat besides me, still staring. I wiped the sign of affection from my face and looked away from him, trying not to drown in his inviting smell. But every time I breathed, I closed my eyes and I inhaled his smell that made me and my wolf drool with pleasure.

I licked my dry lips and looked down at my book. I couldn't concentrate. It took a while for me to realize that I was reading the same line over and over again, aware of the fact that his gaze was staring at me. I tried to ignore it but how could I when my mate, the one that cheated on me, was right here trying to make eye contact with me?

I got tired of his staring and looked at him. He looked back for a while before his eyes flickered somewhere else. Why did he look away?

I saw his leg bobbing up and down. He was nervous. I smirked and heard my name being called, causing me to look at Max.

"Scarlett Evans!" he shouted.

"Uhm! Yes! Sir! I mean, Max!" I replied with same tone of voice, confused by what was going on.

"I said, for the sixth time in a row, if you would care to explain what the fashion thing is about."

"Uh," I looked around the class, except for him, blushing and noticing that all eyes were on me. "I, er, no."

"Oh come on, I can't be bothered to explain." he said, sounding like a teenager.

"Are you even qualified?" I mumbled and made Tristan laugh.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" I sat up and looked anywhere but Tristan. "Umm, every year, the classes battle with eachother. You get to choose two from the options of contests and you get points. If you win, you get a prize... it's stupid really."

There was an awkward silence.

"Thank you." Max said and carried on with whatever. I looked down at my book, biting my lip because I could still feel his eyes on me. I couldn't do it anymore, I turned around to look at him and glare. "What are you doing here?"

"You wouldn't talk to me." he replied simply. "So I took the matter into my own hands."

"I didn't talk to you because I didn't want you. That doesn't mean you join my school and my class. This is just complicating things even more, I want to get over you Tristan not go back to you so stop trying." I picked up my stuff and walked out, don't get it twisted, I'm not a rebel or anything, the bell just went.