Chapter 18 - No Going Back

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

The change was unbelievably painful and I'm surprised I still survived it, but I better say thanks to my anger. First, I had fallen on all fours, my bones had began to snap and crack outwards into every direction until I had formed the spine and body of a wolf. Fur had replaced my smooth, human skin, growing out of every particle that had existed in my body. My fingers had enlarged and turned into paws, my nails extending into claws in the process, digging into the dirt of the forest.

My ears had grown upwards, as I screamed out in agony, I could feel my snout growing and canines sharpening, I could hear the rip of my clothes shredding into pieces as I became the wolf that's been hidden in me for so long.

At first, there was silence.

And nothing but it as we all took in what had happened only seconds ago.

I stared at my body, raising my hand, I mean, paw, to my face to inspect it. I was a very deep red colour, like my hair. My eyes and ears were more powerful than ever, I could see everything like it was in HD or blue-ray, everything just seemed so... clear. I could hear insects climbing up trees, bees buzzing into flowers sucking sweet nectar or pollen or whatever. I could smell sausages sizzling miles away, the plants and nature surronding me, the earthy, fresh smell of the forest, and I could also smell the girl's, the one that he banged up, fear.

I looked at him and his eyes were frozen with shock and something else... as if he was impressed.

I ignored him and looked at her. I wanted to rip her into pieces and make him chew it up. Ugh! I hate them both!

Before the tears attacked my eyes, I growled at her. She flinched back but she was trying to cover up the fact that she was scared. I growled again, baring my teeth at her, and moving forward. She immediately took off and I started to run after her. I loved the way my paws felt against the earth and the way the wind brushed through my fur.

Scar, stop.

It was his voice in my head but I was too startled that I replied.

Why the flip are you in my head? Get out!

Uh, maybe because I belong there.

He was angry. But I couldn't care less. I kept running, following the whore's scent.

Scar, just stop running!

Why should I listen to you? You're nothing to me now and anyway, I wasn't ever anything to you.

How can you think like that?!

You tell me! I just walked in on my mate knocking another girl up!

There was silence and I ran even faster, I could see her sorry ass now, and I growled even louder with more anger. How could he have gone for her?

Was I that bad?

He hadn't fallen for me the way I had fallen for him. I should've guessed, who just follows a girl after she walked out of a restaurant? Tristan Adams that's who!

He hadn't really loved me. No, I was just his toy. Something he could mess around with when he was bored, but I wondered if he ever felt guilty about playing with my heart.