Chapter 15 - Familiar Eyes

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

We were walking through the forest at night in silence, both of our minds in different worlds. I wondered about mom and Jamie, would they be alright?

I kept turning back and looking at the house until it went out of view. Would I be able to go to school tomorrow? Probably... why am I even thinking of that right now?

Will I ever see Andrew again? Probably not. Which is good. I have a feeling he was just using my mom to get to me... ugh. And where is his oh-so-great wife?

My... my... stepmother. I think I just swallowed back vomit. I was getting a headache with all this thinking.

I felt something soft touch my hand and I realized it was Tristan's hand. He held my hand and turned to me.

"Your mom and Jamie will be fine." he assured me.

"I hope so." I said, turning back again eventhough I knew they were far from my reach and sight.

"If you want, I could get some of my pack to make sure they arrive safely." he suggested.

"No, no don't worry." I replied. "Oh, I wanted to ask, when am I meeting your pack?"

"You want to meet them?" his eyes lighted up with something I didn't recognize.

"Yeah." I grinned. "Is that okay?"

"That's great." He put an arm around my shoulders as we walked.

"By the way," I rested my head against him. "Where are you going to take me on Friday night?"

"Somewhere special."

"And where's that?"

"Don't you worry your pretty little mind." he said ruffling my hair. I rolled my eyes and shoved him with my hip. He shoved me back with his hands. I pushed him and when he pushed me back, I nearly fell over but he grabbed me just in time. We ended up on the floor laughing. He was about to kiss me but I pushed him off of me playfully.

"Come on, let's go." I held out my hand to help him up. He took my hand but pulled me down, he gripped my waist just in time so that our faces and bodies were just centimetres apart. I gasped, not expecting it, and put my hands on either side of his head. My hair was falling down on his face and he looked like he was taking me in. He was looking at my hair, all my features and finally his eyes landed on mine.

"Sometimes I still wonder if you're real." he suddenly said, his eyes looking tired. I looked at him and thought about what he said. He moved my hair out of my face then slid his hand so he was holding the side of my neck.

"Well you don't need to because I'm here in the flesh." I replied and smiled. He gently let one of his hands go off my waist and wrapped the other one around it as I placed my head on his chest and he hugged me close.

"I'm never letting you go." he whispered and kissed the top of my head. His lips were like sunshine, the way they melted my whole body from the point where he had kissed me. We lay there in silence, hearing eachother's heartbeats, before he spoke again. "We better leave now. And how about tomorrow you meet the pack?"

"Yeah, sure. After school." I nodded.

"Okay, I'll meet you at Riley's?" he said.

"Uh, sure. Is it at your house?"