Chapter 13 - Breaking Point

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

It had been a week since school started and now the bell went, telling us to get the hell out of there.

Everyday, me and Tristan would meet up afterschool at Riley's house and well, do whatever we want. My mom wouldn't object, I thought she would like forbid me to see him because 'dad' left us when he found his mate.

Well, I don't think she even cared. All these years, she's been so into her depression that she's forgotten about her own children.

But I figured, in a way, that I am lucky.

I found my soulmate, Mr Tristan Adams, and my mom doesn't interfere or anything. Tristan Adams... what a hot name...

I didn't know if it was possible, but I was loving him more and more everyday, and I can honestly say that I have never felt this way about anyone in my life ever before. Or no one in my life has made me feel this way before.

It amazes me how quickly Tristan can jump into my life and just make me want him like that. How easily attracted to him I am, and how soon he can make me fall for him. I guess maybe that's because we're meant for eachother, but doubts still circle my head. Like, maybe he was a player and he knew all the tricks and tips to get a girl. Or, this worries me, I'm just vulnerable.

I think because I've had a rough past, Tristan is the one thing that helps me to escape from it. He can instantly make me feel better by just being there... and I'm grateful he is. I wonder when I'll get to meet his pack, I should ask him about that.

I still wonder about the future and what it might hold. What if me and Tristan aren't together?

But what if we are?

What about Jamie?

And mom?

Dad?

I think I should just enjoy life as it is now. The future can wait.

After seeing Becky and Riley swallow eachother's faces all day and eating what tasted like an expired chicken sandwich, I was sure I was nauseous. But I still had things to do.

I forgot to tell Tristan that I couldn't come to Riley's today, I had dance class. We had to practice for that big dance contest thing.

We all met in the school gym together as a form and surprisingly everyone turned up. Except for the teacher, this was typical of him, but no one cared. Everyone took off their bags and stuff then put them at the back of the hall.

We all just sat scattered around, hot, bothered, and waiting. I was talking to Lizzie, Cam, and Daniel while Becky was too busy kissing Riley's face off.

It annoyed everyone in our group, especially Cameron. I think he'd always thought one way or another, him and Becky would be more than just friends.

I can definitely relate to that.

We all sat there sulking in silence until Will pops out of nowhere to try his lame attempt at proving to us, me, that he's 'cool'.

"Hey guys, what's up?" he said. No one bothered to reply, instead we all just stare at him. What's worse than a loser is a wannabe loser trying to be popular and trying to date someone who's rejected him more times than he's had baths.