Chapter 16 - Resting Attack

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I was sat infront of Riley's house in the rain and still waiting for Tristan. I've been waiting for ages, and I wondered what's going on, he's never been late before.

Where is he?

He should be here by now, we were going to meet his pack. Maybe he didn't like last night as much as I did. Which is a total bummer.

What had I done wrong?

Maybe he thought I took advantage of him... but I would've thought he wouldn't mind. I mean, he wasn't a girl to think like that.

Riley and Becky were coming this way, they hadn't seen me yet and I was tugging on pieces of wet grass when they did.

"What happened to you?" I heard Riley ask. "You homeless now?"

By the looks of it, I probably did look homeless.

"Tristan didn't show up." I mumbled so they wouldn't hear my voice give me away to my pain.

"Oh. Have you texted him?"

"He doesn't reply."

"Oh. Well, me and Becky will be inside if you need us."

"Okay." my voice was quiet and I wasn't in the mood to talk. They walked inside and left me all alone in the rain.

Time passed and the sky mixed into twilight, it had stopped raining ages ago, maybe I should go home. But then I saw Tristan running up to me and I stopped until he came here.

"Hey, ready to go?" he asked while I glared at him. "What's wrong?"

"Where were you?" I demanded.

"At an Alpha meeting." he narrowed his eyes at me, not liking the tone I was using with the head of the pack.

"What took you so long and why didn't you tell me?" I gritted my teeth in anger.

"I thought it would be over by the time I came here and-"

"You smell different." I stepped closer and took a sniff. "You smell like... perfume."

"I can explain." he said quickly.

"You don't need to." I snapped back. I got up and started walking.

"But let me." he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"I texted you and called so many times but you never picked up." I twisted my arm away from him.

"Scar, it's complicated." his eyes were angry and fists clenched but his body screamed pain.

"Oh yeah? Well maybe I was just too easy!" I stormed away from him and into my house, aware of the tears that occupied my eyes.

I ran upstairs and crawled into bed, not bothering to change or dry myself. It was late evening when I woke up again so I decided to go downstairs to eat.

When I went into the kitchen, a surprise was waiting for me. Food.

Normally my mom doesn't cook but now when I opened the microwave, there was a full meal labelled 'Scarlett' on it. It was my favourite pasta that she used to make.

Andrew was really changing her. I put the pasta on for a minute and a half then opened the fridge to find a whole strawberry cheesecake lying inside.