Chapter 17 - Twisted

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I woke up with a blinding head ache, as if I was being split into two. And when I sat up, I had had a head rush. Ugh. It was like all the blood from my head was rushing down to greet itself to my feet. It was really annoying because I was swaying from side to side without realizing it and everything was blurry and doubled up. I had to keep my head straight for a while and blink a few times before getting up.

But I wasn't stopping myself from wanting to go to school. I needed to clear my head of Tristan and keep it busy with other thoughts. Seeing him covered in blood, his eyes flamed with anger, his muscles tense and clenched jaw... that wasn't my Tristan. I've spent so much time and bought out the good side of him that I'd forgotten he had a bad one too.

I had cried myself to sleep and cried throughout the whole night. Whatever I did, I couldn't stop. Were me and Tristan really over?

I can't let that happen. I just can't... but would he?

I couldn't bear the thought of being apart from him. I couldn't see myself with anyone else, I couldn't feel the same way about someone else like I did with him, I couldn't smile the same way he made me...

Tears filled my eyes as I got dressed but I quickly wiped them away, promising myself that I could cry later on. I looked in the mirror to get a glimpse at my reflection. My eyes lay on top of dark bags, they were puffy from the crying, and my skin was pale which made my eyes look even worse.

He had never been so angry with me before, I hadn't seen him like that ever. It made me wonder what he was really mad about. Our whole relationship, me jumping to conclusions or that I nearly got killed when I could have talked to him?

I'm so stupid to have told him that I'm in love with him. It was definitely the wrong time to do that.

But what could I do? It had blurted out. I just needed to tell him. I couldn't stop it. Yesterday, it was like I just had spilt my soul to him, I hadn't done that to anyone before.

I had always kept to myself which is why Mark dumped me last year. He had gotten tired and bored of me, which hurt me so badly that I forgot about guys except for Riley altogether.

I had gone out with Mark because I thought he was the one to make me forget about Riley. I liked Mark and he did make me forget about Riley, but who would have guessed that Mark would forget about me?

But I was grown to forget about the past. I had been blocking out things I didn't want to remember for so long that I had completely forgotten about it. But I still remember the words that had hurt me the most.

"Scar, our relationship isn't as good as it was before."

I had known what was coming but refused to acknowledge it.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry."

He had kissed my forehead and took me into his arms.

"I-it's over?"

"I'm so sorry."

"Mark, don't do this, please."

"Your prince charming's out there Scar, but he's not me."

"I can change, if that's what you want me to, just please-"