Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I looked at him with shock. What the hell?!

He was a frikkin' werewolf?!

I looked around the classroom, wondering how many werewolves they were in the room that I didn't know about when I remembered that I was one too.

The bell rang and we got up to go to the next lesson when Daniel gripped my arm.

"Hey, I know you're one too." he said softly.

"I'll talk to you at lunch." I muttered and went to my next class. All throughout the lesson, my head was stuck with Daniel's confession, I mean, it shouldn't be too surprising, I think why I'm so shocked is that I've known him for years and I always thought he was human. The hour passed too quickly and lunch had already arrived. How could he be a werewolf?

Ugh... I hate the world.

I didn't feel like eating so I just sat down at our table, waiting for the others.

I wonder what pack Daniel is from, the nearest two are Tristan's and Andrew's...

How could I not know?

Is Cam one too? I don't think so.

"Get out of my table." Becky's voice snapped me back to reality. I looked at her, she had bandages like everywhere and she was literally asking for more. The group stood behind her, anxious with sorry-faces, they had now turned from being her friends to her personal crew of stalkers.

I remembered that she has kicked me out of the group. Fine.

I gathered my stuff and stood up, looking straight at Lizzie. We had not been apart since we met. I lowered my gaze and I was starting to go when I heard Daniel's voice.

"Becky, you're such a drama queen."

"What?"

"Have fun with your own ego. I'm leaving." I turned around to see him walking towards me, he smiled at me and I gave a small one in response, not really want to show any sign of affection anymore to anyone.

"That's a brave thing you did there, she looks like she wants to put me in a shredder." I said, grinning at Becky's attempt at intimidating me.

He laughed and walked with me outside. The school had a massive field where you could eat lunch, it was all green of course, covered with short pieces of grass bathing under the glaring sun.

Me and Daniel walked to the deserted tree at the back of the field so we could sit under the shade. We both sat near the trunk of the tree and leant back on it, feeling how bumpy it was against us.

"So is Cam one?" I asked while he unwrapped his sandwich.

"No, I don't think so."

"Lizzie?"

"I don't know, she doesn't seem like it."

"You never know..." he took a bite out of his sandwich as I talked. "So... have you found your mate?"

"No. But I know you have... want some?" he asked, offering the other half of his sandwich.

"No thanks." I didn't feel like eating. "How do you know?"

"Practically everyone in the city knows, only a matter of time before the whole world too..." he laughed at my shocked reaction. "Oh Scar, you don't really know who you are, do you?"