Chapter 19 - Inner Wolf

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I stayed with Carter in one of the nurse's rooms as Riley stayed with Becky. I wasn't shocked at the fight, but I was shocked at what I had done. I was never really a violent person but certain events made me change into a beast. I was expecting Becky to one day explode on me, but not like this.

She had given me a cut lip and some bruises but I hadn't given her anything too extreme... just a black eye, a broken nose and a cut on the side of her neck...

What's happening to me?

I wasn't like this. This wasn't me.

Am I really going to let a stupid boy change me?

But he wasn't just a stupid boy, he-

Whoa stop right there girl. I told myself. I hugged my knees and waited for the nurse to come back.

"What happened?" Carter asked curiously, sitting on my right.

"Nothing. She was just being an attention whore. Oh I mean, she was just being herself." I managed to say without hurting anything. He grinned and moved closer to me, he leaned towards me and put his hand behind my back. I moved a little back without realizing.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes full of concern, I looked away, knowing that he wasn't talking about the wounds Becky had marked into my skin.

"No." I croaked.

"I'm sorry. About... you know." I looked back at him.

"It's okay... guess it wasn't really meant to be then." I smiled sadly and he smiled back sympathetically, I lowered my gaze to the floor just as the nurse walked in.

"I'm afraid you're going to have to go to hospital." she stated coldly.

"Oh." how will I get there?

"I'll take her." Carter said.

"Do whatever you want." the nurse said. She was wearing a short, white, nurse's dress thing, she was chewing gum and twirling her straight blonde hair. She was in her early twenties and was practicing for a doctor. Her and the other, older, more caring lady were the only nurses in the school.

Me and Carter got up, he opened the door for me and put an arm around my waist to help me as we were going to go to the end of the corridor where the door was awaiting us, when we heard a voice calling out for me.

"Scar?" I turned around and saw Riley sitting next to Becky, looking at me worriedly. That stupid coward. He should've told Becky that he hugged me. He should have admitted. It would have erased the torturing stabs of pain that occupied every part of my body.

"What?" I snapped, leaning onto Carter, because I was aching all over.

"Where are you going?" he asked, looking between me and Carter.

"Hospital." I answered, annoyed.

"Oh. We need to go too, mind if we join you?"

Is he serious?

"Yeah, I do mind." I said coldly, looking straight at Becky, who didn't seem so tough now.

"Umm... Tristan is not going to like this." he stated, still looking between us.