Suspicion

Benjamin's POV

"I think you should lay down." Edward speaks up from his spot beside me on the couch. "I'm watching Cinderella. I know what you think I need to do." I still didnt know how to feel, if the voices were just my brain making stuff up or not. We fall into a moment of silence as I watch Cinderella rush to her carriage.

"Are you angry with me?"

I twitch at the question. "Not yet but keep talking over this and I will be."

Okay. Honestly, I felt off, my body was hot. I could feel an itch deep under my skin, my head was throbbing and the food only served to make my stomach turn. After I get reinvested, Edward hands me a blunt and I give him an odd look before turning back to the film.

He's acting weird that's for damn sure.

I'm going to talk to Bella tomorrow

I puff absentmindedly, ashing occasionally, my eyes glued to the screen. Whoopi lets out a squeak as Brandy runs off, Edward choosing that moment to sigh dramatically. "What Cinderella even is this?" I glance at him to see him pouting at me. "Its the 90s one. Would it make you feel better if I laid down while I watch it?"

"Its a compromise. I'll get some blankets for you." Edward is gone before I can completely lay down.  I stretch out only to have a big fluffy comforter thrown on me.

Edward slips behind me quickly, holding me close to his cold body. I snuggle against him as I watch the movie.

"I don't love you."

My hear squeezes and I pause the movie, squirming to face Edward. "Did we have an argument before the accident?" I keep my voice neutral, trying my best not to show my raising suspicion. Edward stares at me for a moment, his pink tongue licking his lips and my eyes tracks the movement.

What? He's distracting.

Edward notices and a crooked smirk peeks through for a moment. "Why do you ask?" His voice is guarded and I knew immediately I wouldn't get any answers.

I sigh and extract myself from him, frustrated at the fact I knew Edward would lie about anything to 'protect' me. Asshole. "No reason. I'm gonna take a nap." Maybe itll help calm me down some.

It's not like I can do anything with him nearby; next time he fed I'll talk to Slim. Maybe go ask Jacob about it, too. Within seconds, my feet are off the ground and I'm cradled in Edward's arms. "Allow me." He kisses my forehead gently and I close my eyes at the token of affection.

I leave them closed until he lays me in the soft bed I didnt remember him getting, meeting his dark golden eyes. "I love you, Benjamin. "

Do you? What happened to us?

"I love you too. "

I want to trust you, Edward. It hurts that I can't believe a word you say.