Car rides and puke

Edward pov

I look over at Benjamin,  concerned as I watch him nod out every now and then. My heart clenches at the unfocused look in his eyes and the blank expression on his face. Still, the smell of his flowery cologne and the scent I only can say is Benjamin almost lightens the mood seeing him like this put me in.

Almost.

I sigh and clench the wheel, angry at myself for leaving Benjamin. I pull into my house relatively fast, but he is out like a light none the less. Ben's face is pressed against the glass, mouth slightly open and drool starting at the corner of his mouth. "Benjamin." I try to wake him softly.

After a minute of shaking him he groans in annoyance. "Mmmmm?" he opens an eye. "We're here, Benjamin." I speak softly to him, unsure what to expect from the drugs coursing through his veins. He frowns and reaches for me before the seatbelt stops the abrupt movement.

Benjamin looks at the material across his chest as if it personally offended him. I cant help the small smile at the childlike moment when he meets my eyes with a slight pout. "Im stuck." I chuckle at how put out he seems, trying my best to ignore my guilt. He isn't in any kind of shape to have a serious conversation. I press the button, easily removing the seatbelt and Benjamin beams at me.

"Your so good Eddie," Benjamin says, a slight drawl to his voice that was never there before. Its better then slurring and I take my small victory.

"Do you think you can walk?" I ask him and he nods. I get out of the car, opening Bens side for him. He stumbles out and grabs my arm for stability.

I help him to the house, letting his nonsensical babble wash over me. "Lets get some food in you,  hmm?" I steer him towards the kitchen, hearing Esme questioning thoughts from inside.

Bennie stumbles along, for once reminding me of his clumsy sister. He suddebly stops and I pause with him. Ben looks at me with a pale expression. "Imma puke." he rushes out before running into the kitchen. Before he gets inside however,  Esme is waiting in the doorway with a small trash can and he yanks it from her. He pukes fluids as my heart clenches and Esme rubs small soothing circles into his back. After a few more dry heaves he stops, and clenching the waste bin he looks at Esme,  eyes glazed from the cocktail of drugs he ingested. "Sorry, Im sorry I didn-" Esme quickly hushes him as she guides him into the kitchen probably for some water and light foods.

Sighing I sit on the couch, guilt clawing inside of me. How could I have been so foolish?