Pattern

Benjamins pov

So. I completely, completely, understand the caution after I burned the vamp that popped up in my room days ago. Its been nearly a week. A. Fuckin. Week.

Guess where I've been? Edwards house, around the clock watch. Usually, Esme is with me while everyone goes to school, and that is fun. Okay- thats a lie. It was fun, for the first dat until I attempted to leave monday night to a party.

Now I see this building as what it is: a prison. A prison of monotony and fucking tv. I have not left the house since that fucking attack, not a single step. Everytime I try, Edwards there with his stupid face and he stops me. Sometimes, okay most of the time, he just gives me my drugs or some sexy time to distract me when I get stir crazy.

That in itself is a luxury I think I'm losing, I doubt he knows I notices how he gives me a little less every time. I stare out the window at the green forest and I make up my mind. Today. Today I'm going out and im having fun.

I sigh as I glance at my cellphone, quickly looking at Slims message, he was already at the spot. I rush downstairs, Esme looks up from the tv to meet my gaze. "Is everything alright?"

"Something happened with the wolves. Bella needs me for a few hours, I promise I'll be back soon." I put on my best puppy dog eyes. Esme sighs, staring at me for a long moment.

"As long as you call me as soon as you reacg La Push, you can go." She says after a beat. I grin and rush over, hugging her tightly. "I will, Esme. Thanks."

------
--------

I sighed as I checked the bag I hid in my van, and give myself a smile when I see it was still in place. Starting my car, I pull on my seatbelt and pull out of the Cullens driveway, going into the small path to join the main roads.

Turning on the radio, I keep myself from making too many major, concrete plans before making it to Slim. I need to keep Alice off my tail. I wait until I'm far enough from Esmes hearing range before I call Slim, ready for the location.

"Yo, I'm 4 blocks from your house. I got everything we need." Slim tells me quickly and I start to drive towards my house, taking a slightly different route than usual. "Good, on my way." I hang up.

Guilt and adrenalin push through my veins, this is the first time I purposefully planned something without Edward whilst in a relationship(if you ignore the incident with James). Honestly, the thought of Edward finding out and leaving me makes my heart stop but, I hadn't done this sneaking around before and he left me anyway.

I just...I need a good, crazy party, I cant help but crave the patterns I fallen back into during Edwards disappearance. Besides, whats the worst that could happen?

Pulling over, I watch Slim hop in the car, lit blunt between his lips. "Here man, figured you'd need it after this Cullen shit." He leans across, passing it to me as he closes the car door. I take a long drag from it as I pull off, heading to our dealers house.

"Text him we're on our way for me okay?" I tell Slim as I watch the road. I hit the blunt a few more times before passing it back to Slim. "So we're getting enough for the week right? I already picked out the hotel, its out of town and my cousin is leaving his car for us at his house, we can shower and change there too."

"Thanks Slim, I know it sounds like a lot of hoops to go through but I can't have Charlie finding us." I smile at my friend as I stop at a red light. Or my vampire boyfriend and his future seeing sister.

"Old habits die hard, man." I sigh as I take the blunt from Slim.