Valentine's day 2

Benjamin's pov

"This is for your own good." Renee sighs as I glare at Phil putting my bags in my van. She places a dainty hand on my shoulder and I jerk it off. "Fuck off." I hiss and she rolls her eye, walking to Bella. She whispers something to her gently and walks to the porch, sitting and watching us. "She doesn't mean any harm." Bella speaks up when she walks over to me.

"Oh wow, I forgot to tell you something important, Bells." I barely hide the sarcasm in my voice as I take my sisters hands. "What?" Her big brown eyes look up at me. "You're a bitch too." I hiss, dropping her hands and leaning against my car. "Now go back to the adult child. Mommy needs you to make her lunch." I turn my back to my sister and she sighs.

"You can't push everyone away." She mumbles before going to walk away.

"Its not pushing someone away when you're getting thrown in the trash." I dont look at her but I listen to her pause before continuing to Renee. "Shes just doing what she thinks is best, both of them." Phil tries as he packs the last bag away. "Oh you fuck off too, Phil. Or better yet, get your noise out of my business." I buck at him and he flinches before sighing and walking away.

"You're such a bitch." Chris chuckles from the drivers seat. "Good, I know you'll miss it." I lean against the drivers side door with a playful smile. "Just be sure to visit this summer, I have enough room in my bed." Chris grins at me and I chuckle.

"Eh maybe if I can ever handle your insane need to get up before the sun." I lean through the window, kissing him deeply and he grins against my lips. He pulls away slowly, his green eyes sparkling like a gem. "Get in before we give your mom a heart attack." He chuckles and I smirk, walking around to the passenger side. "Let's split. Tho, maybe she needs a heart attack,  just a mini one." I joke and Chris rolls his eyes. "How devious."

---.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.---

The flight was easy, maybe because I slept through it, and Charlie was waiting for me next to his patrol car. "Oh you gotta be kidding me. A cop car dad?" I sigh as I walk up, hugging him quickly.  "Its a good car, Ben. How's Renee doing? Bella?" Charlie asks me as he takes one of my bags, helping me throw them in the back seat.

"Yes, because the first thing I want to do is talk about my mother that kicked me out and the sister that stood by doing nothing." I roll my eyes and Charlie sighs awkwardly.

"I'm sorry for bringing them up but let's make this a pleasant stay, alright? We used to get along so well when you were younger." Charlie says and I sigh. "Yeah sure. Can I drive?"

Charlie frowns but tosses me the keys and I look at him in surprise. "Well uhm...thanks, Dad." I walk around the front as he slips in the passenger seat.

I drive in silence and Charlie glances between me and the road. "I uh...I was dating the tight-end at school." I supply awkwardly. Charlie nods, Renee no doubt already told him. "So...you're  uh...gay?" He replies awkwardly and I chuckle.

Him and Bella, the awkward duo.

"I'm bi, actually." I glance at Charlie who looks vaguely nervous. "That's uh...good for you. He treated you with respect, right?" Oh dear lord he is so uncomfortable. "He was a gentleman, dad. We dont have to talk about it if you don't want to." I offer the olive branch and he seems to relax completely.

"I dont got a problem with it, I just need to get used to the idea, son. Give me some time and we can talk all about the guys you want. Or girls. I just. I dont want you to think this changes things, like it did between you and Renee. I love you, even if I dont show it will." I can feel Charlie clenching his teeth and I chuckle. "I know dad. You're  just a little awkward but I know you don't hate me." I smile at him and he sighs, relaxing completely.

"Thank God."

The rest of the drive is better, soft music playing as I drive the familiar route to Charlie's house. Unlike Bella, I continued to visit dad during the holidays until last year. I was too sick. We get along much better than Renee and I but that could be because we dont spend much time together or if its because he's a man of few words and I don't force idle chatter.

The drive is pretty short, Billy, Jacob, and Slik waiting for us. Jacob and I were sorta friends, but he was much closer to Bella. Seeing Slim made me breath a little easier, my best friend was still here at the very least. Parking the car, I hop out the car with a big grin. "I see dad brought out the gang." I joke as Slim pulls me into a hug.

"Paws." He whispers as he squeezes me and I chuckle. "You're ridiculous." We pull away after a minute and Jacob smiles awkwardly. "Its been a minute,  wolf-man." I smirk and Jacob chuckles. I went to the parties they have at La Push a few times, despite Billy's vocal demands against it.

They were just stories anyway.

"It has, pale face." Jacob pulls me in for a quick hug. "Billy, how's it rolling?" I smile down at him and he rolls his eyes. "I'm glad you're doing well enough to joke. How's Bella?"

"Oh you know, clumsy as ever." Billy laughs, I can't count how many times Bella manages to hurt herself tripping all over the place over the years. It doesn't take long to get my things in the basement, my old room. Honestly, I picked it because it had more space when I was younger.

Everything in the house looks just as I had left it, even down to my dads old family portrait. Poor, sentimental man. I roll my eyes at the baby blanket across my bed Renee had knitted for me, throwing it on the floor with a scoff.

Fuck her.

The rain puttering against my small window almost comforts me, as I put some of my things away. It doesn't take long to put them in their old homes, eager to simply lay down and sleep the move away.