Cake batter and burned sugar

Edwards pov

Sitting in my computer chair, I watch Benjamin with a heavy heart. His scent filled my senses in a way I almost forgotten. The warm smell of baking cake, the sharpness of burning sugar but the underlining musk that can only be described as Ben makes my mouth water. I listen to his steady heartbeat as I slowly approach him on the bed. The lingering smell of smoke blends with Bens smell, adding an earthy smell to the overall sweetness.

Bens face is relaxed, his pink lips parted as he drooled. I cant help my fond smile as I reach out and gently touch his cheek. He stirs but only to lean into my touch and I sigh. "I didn't mean to hurt you so...but please let me fix it." I whisper to his sleeping form.

My eyes trail down his muscular arms for a moment before something made me fill with dread. I look closer, only to be correct. Needle holes.

I grab his car keys and run to his car, Jasper in toe as he could feel the dread that consumed me. Before my adopted brother could speak, however, I emerged from the van with the source of my fears.

A baggie with three needles, all used, a spoon with a burn mark underneath along with a lighter and a shoe lace. "Edward..." Jasper speaks as I stare at the damning evidence. "Did I hurt him that bad?" I can't keep the pain from my voice. "You didn't make him do anything." Jasper tries to reassure me but I know he is unsure on how to respond let alone what to think on my situation.

"I'm going to confront him." Its the only thing I actually can do at the moment.

"Are you sure that's wise?"

"I don't care what's wise, I will not let him kill himself!" I snap at Jasper and I instantly feel myself calming. "Do what you must, just be careful." Jasper says easily and I nod.

I go back to my room, watching Benjamin with the baggie weighting heavy in my hand.