Forgotten, Forgiven

Benjamins pov

I sigh deeply as I stare at the ceiling, my mind racing. Apparently, I've lost quite a bit of time, the accident stealing my memories. Carlisle left me alone to deal with that thought and I cant help but wonder if that was why Edward was acting odd.

He seems surprised I wanted a kiss. Were we having issues?

I frown at the revelation that it may not be best to just tell me what happened, rather to see if I can remember anything on my own for a whilelr. I get it but its not fair. Why does everyone get to know more about whats happening in my life then I do?

The door cracks open before revealing Edward, a brown bag in one hand and a milkshake in the other. "You are God sent! Gimme, gimme, gimme." I cant stop the smile on my face as Edward lets the door close softly behind him. The smell of a Philly cheesesteak sub and fries fills the air and my stomach growls.

"If I were, you wouldnt have gotten hurt." He mumbles as he hands me my bag off greesy food and my cup of frozen sugar milk. "Least that didn't change." I hum as I open the grease stained brown bag.

"What does that mean?"

I look up as I pull out my wax paper covered sandwich. "The whole, everything is my fault when its bad and I brood pensively at a raining window thing you got goin on. They put hots and cooked onion on this right?" I look back into the bag, pulling out some napkins to try and contain the mess that will br every bite.

"They did and I dont brood." I blink in shock at the blunt I see resting on tope if my fries, lighter tucked between the fries container and the bag.

"Is this...weed?" I pull it out, meeting eyes with Edward. "I figured you'd want some and it wouldnt hurt towards my apology." I narrow my eyes at the slightly guilty expression on his face.

"So I was right? We were having problems before the accident." I watch him closely as he takes an unnecessary deep breath. Edward stares back with a conflicted expression, his face shifting between emotions Im positive I end up missing some.

He takes measured steps back to me before sitting on the edge of my bed, near my feet. "Thats an understatement. I had been stupid and blind to some things and hurt you, for that I will never stop apologizing for." Edward looks at me with a sad expression.

"I never wanted you to hate me."

I stare into his golden eyes deeply before I cant hold back my laughter anymore. Edward stares at me with an odd expression, seemingly slightly hurt by my joke."Im pretty sure it wasnt as serious as youre making it out to be. You can be so melodramatic that you couldve just lost my coat and this would be the apology you had in store."

"Whatever it was, Edward, lets move on. I couldve died that night 2 weeks ago and you made sure your family saved my life, you have never lied to me, abused me, or abandoned me. So after all of that, I want to spend time with my vampire boyfriend and be happy Im still here to do that. No guilt or fight or bullshit to ruin it for us." I sit up and place my hands on Edwards bewildered face.

"I want to marry you and be turned so I can never be taken away from you so easily, so quickly. Im ready for an eternity with you."