192. Bad End: Tragedy Cal

The memory of when the Pearly city fell was still fresh in Cal's mind. The memory of Yullian laughing at him as he was carried away and teleported to a hidden vault. He still remembered the certainty that he had won if he just had faith in his plan.

Then he waited.

And waited.

And waited.

.

.

.

And waited.

moments turned to hours.

hours into days.

days into...

...into hundreds of years.

and then he saw them. Seamus and Ophelia, they had finally found him. They were full grown adults. Seamus had grown into a handsome man and had managed to find himself a wife. Ophelia she clung to her elder brother in some ways but had become a confident woman in her own right. What surprised him was how they had brought a new face with them. A young elven woman with red hair.

Shayley's daughter.

His daughter.

She didn't bother to introduce herself. She had spit in his face and chastised him as a failure.

And... he had been a failure.

Yullian had seen through everything, everything except Christine.

The city completely fell.

At least his family was still alive in some semblance. But this only confirmed one truth... he wasn't right for this world.

He said his farewells.

He walked back into his prison and used his magic to bring it down on top of himself.

This world didn't need Calloway Calphius.

The end.

*

Kami cried as she read the sad hopeless words that had finished her favorite story.

She wiped her tears and closed the volume. Cal was right... there were no more pages left for him. Those were the last moments of Calloway Calphius in that world.

She felt the tingle of Cal reaching out to her.

Why... Why wait so long...?

She closed the tragedy. She cradled it in her arms when she stood up from her favorite comfy reading chair and carefully placed it on the bookshelf of her heavenly white room. She steeled her nerves and waved her hand.

She was no longer the only one in the room.

The man who now stood in front of her no longer held any inner strength. His eyes were hollow abysses emptied of all light. His skin was ashen white from the darkness he'd lived in for hundreds of years. Although his strength may still remain to some degree, his muscles had long since gone senile from underused and clung to his bones line hungry orphan children to a spoon that had long since smelled like the food it had once served. His crisp dark hair had grown into a tangled mess of haunted branches that barely obscured the shadow over his face.

The muscles in his cheeks that had once carried his daring grin and winning smile strained to replicate his crooked grin as in defiance of how pitiful his tragedy had been.

"Hey Kami." He greeted with the raspy desperate voice that he had left.

"Oh, my boy, come here." Kami hurried over to him and wrapped him in a hug.