Ch. 100 Cal's Freaky Family

By the time Cal went back to the bathhouse, both Seamus and Throgar were done soaking and had already begun dressing. He sighed and got in to soak all by himself. He decided to use this moment to Contact Shayley.

<Calling Shayley...>

"Hello? Hellohello? Cal?" Shayley's voice came into his mind.

"Hey babe." Cal said with a happy sigh.

"... I miss you." Shayley's voice came into his head and it was so weak and emotional it felt like somebody stabbed him in the heart.

Cal curled his knees into his chest. "I miss you too."

"I can't talk for long, but I can't tell you how happy I am to hear your voice. How is everything going with Selene and Achilles?"

"Selene has been a big help, I trust her. Thinking back to when I created her, she's all I could have hoped for and more. Achilles... still hates me, but I guess that isn't much of a surprise. I don't really know all the reasons she still hates me, but at least she accepted a position to work at the North Wind Academy under Peter. Now she's his problem."

"..."

"Shay are you there?"

"I am, it's just... so nice to hear you voice. You know I'm at my most fertile tonight. If Selene weren't there I might sneak in. But I promised Selene these next couple weeks would be her time."

"When the time is right we'll have a beautiful child with long red hair to match their mother's. If we make it through this invasion, let's go on an adventure, just the two of us for a time."

"I hate it when you talk like that. It's 'when' we make it through this. There is also the war with the demons to consider, but I am in love with the sentiment." Shayley giggled. "I checked on that matter you told me about. It appears anyone can access the city terminal from the throne but since the Elves of the North Wind Guild still control the city, and I haven't been defeated in combat, the edit menu doesn't come up it only displays the stats of the city. Even the city's magic supply is displayed, and it lists the elementals, but it doesn't list Fenrir, or the foxes. I think it's because their your direct Familiars and would be listed in the designated Guild building records."

"And fat chance of them finding that." Cal laughed.

"isn't that also the access point for the guild vault?"

"Yep, there are thirteen dummy high security vault prisons hidden in the castle labeled 1,4,5,6,7,8,9,9,11,13, A, C, and D."

"You guys really were mean. We only found half of those in all the time that we've searched the castle for secrets. Everyone always freaked out that we couldn't find 2 and 3, but someone lost their minds when we found C." Shayley chuckled at the memory or Sinder freaking out. "I don't suppose you're going to tell me were the guild vault is?"

"Sorry babe, if I were to die it's better some of those weapons never see the light of day again. You know how Fenrir is hidden at the mid-end of a labyrinth, protected by a city, a secret, a horde of foxes, a ninetails, and a wall I had to beat down with a hammer and stuff?"

"Yeah...?"

"Well the guild vault is hidden behind a similarly challenging set of requirements. No one is going to be stealing the treasures of the North Wind. Even if someone could read my mind and find it, they'd never really find it or access it."