121. Birth of a Battle Maiden

The mask felt natural. It sat on his face without a strap or any traditional means to stay on. Breathing through it was simple, it didn't build up moisture or heat up. He had worn plenty of masks, and to tell the truth while he was Cal's disciple he had shown his face more than ever in his entire life. He felt naked. This mask was different from his old ones. He wasn't hiding his face he was showing his new one. When he walked out of Cal's office he felt more confident than he had ever felt before.

*

"That's a fancy pants mask you got there, Seamus. Or should I call you Druid boy now?" Anastasia laughed. She had watched Seamus come out of the Office. She had been working with Vera on mental exercises, but nothing seemed to stick. But once she had seen the shiny new druid mask she knew how to kill two birds with one stone. "Hey, why don't you come over here and test them out."

Anastasia smiled. Combat training it was.

Seamus looked at Yamamoto. He was his new sword and arrow and he couldn't rush into battle without him. He wondered what Yamamoto would even be able to do since he was so small. Yamamoto sensed his hesitancy, but he nodded to reassure Seamus.

Until they fought together nothing would change.

"Okay, we accept." Seamus agreed, confident that for the first time he spoke for both of them.

As Seamus walked over Anastasia began to instruct Vera.

"Alright, you are the frontline fighter. Keep your shield up, your wings ready, and get in close." She turned to Seamus. "Okay, Druid boy. I'm aware of your limitation and your inexperience as a Druid. But you're still the Guildmaster's disciple. Show me that your worthy to stand next to my Disciple."

Seamus wasn't sure what he was even supposed to do. Then he felt a tug at his mind. He turned Yamamoto on his shoulder and instinctively got the feeling that as the fight started he should turn his body sideways and point his fist in the direction of Vera and cast [Arc of Raiju] on him. Then let him do the rest while Seamus focused on support.

"Alright you two, show me what you trainees can do. Fight!" Anastasia started the fight.

"[Arc of Raiju]!" Seamus shouted. He felt the druidic magic as it left his body and coat Yamamoto successfully. He aimed his arm at Vera and Yamamoto ran along the length of it. He dug his feet into Seamus's knuckle and jumped. As Vera held up her shield and charged Seamus, when Yamamoto leaped he turned into a lightning bolt and stuck Vera's shield knocking her backwards.

"Whoa..." Seamus said marveling at Raiju's power.

"Vera get up and defend yourself, plant your feet." Anastasia commanded. "Druid boy, don't get cocky. You're in combat, you know only have to keep your mind on the fight, you need to keep your attention on your familiar. He is small. Although he may be fast, he won't be able to take as many direct hits as bigger familiars."

Vera got up off her feet. Yamamoto rebounded off several surfaces as he zoomed around the room. But he didn't need to as he was able to sharply change his direction in the air. He struck Vera from behind.

Seamus felt another tingle from the back of his spine. Vera wouldn't last long at this rate.

Seamus targeted Vera, "[Groves Embrace], [Sight of Destiny]." He cast as he pointed his staff at Vera. A heal/buff and a reaction enhancer.