189. Doors of Hell

After Yamamoto's explosion, vines shot from the center of the room and snagged Seamus and his party. They were pulled away from the chaos and were set down in a gentle glade of soft grass under the giant tree.

"Forgive my abruptness, but your highnesses aren't supposed to be down here." Said a soothing voice.

A voluptuous woman in a tremendously oversized flower growing out of the base of the tree looked down at the young children she had just saved. She was lounging comfortably in the flower with other fabulously beautiful plant women draped over her lasciviously. "The Floor boss Tresora greets the royal prince and princess and their companions." She bowed her head respectfully.

"You're the- oh my!" Juliette blushed when she saw the Alraune Queen and her lusty consorts.

"Druids, see to their injuries." Tresora order and several elves appeared out of the shadows and approached the children. Seamus even recognized a few of them and thanked them as they healed them.

"Your Highness, thank you for your timely assistance." Seamus said as he bowed to the Alraune Queen. In the corner of his eye he saw a small square in the same context of his inventory and map but different. It was purple with the black silhouette of a weasel surrounded by lightning in it. next to it were the words [cooldown to resummon Familiar 'Yamamoto'] with a countdown timer.

Tresora blushed and fanned herself when the handsome elf bowed to her. "Your just as charming as your father. It is my honor and privilege to serve you. Please escape to the upper floor swiftly. I can hold them off for a time."

"No. We have another destination." Seamus declared as he stood up.

"I'm afraid this floor is overrun or barren at this point. Your safest route is to continue climbing the floors." Tresora respectfully argued.

"The lowest level has no invaders." Seamus declared.

Tresora's casual aura turned hard. "That place was sealed off for a reason. Cal buried the devils there since their price was too high."

Vera's ear twitched. "Wait... what devils?"

Tresora looked down at Vera and narrowed her eyes. "When the angels fall the devils will rise. Their price is the sacrifice of the other elementals. Without the elementals... the city will fall. Without the City, the world is doomed."

""Take us there!"" Both Vera and Seamus declared.

Tresora looked at them pensively and sighed since she didn't have the authority to reject them. "Fine, who am I to question both Royalty and the First Daughter of Calphian. But I warn you, if you can't get in then there is no coming back here. It will be too dangerous."

"That's fine, our job is to retake Calphian after its fall." Vera declared.

Tresora sighed once again. "And the pieces are falling in place. Sometimes that man really does scare me." With a graceful wave of her hand she beckoned a druid to her. "Take them where they want to go and prepare some volunteers of similar height and builds, we'll send them up to the second floor to throw off their pursuers."

Before they were led away Tresora said one more thing. "You two." She said to Vera and Seamus. "If you end up too bold you may just turn out like his majesty. Be mindful of that, we need more people like him in this world."

*

The druid led them away from the large tree deeper into the forest. There was a small seemingly imperceptible hole in a tree. It was a gnarled tree with a gap almost large enough for a person. If they weren't looking for it then they never would have noticed it.