113. Sieg's Crisis

"Hey Naomi." Siegfried peeked into the office where Naomi was scribbling away at her desk.

"Yes Sieg?" she answered.

"Do you mind if I sit in here with you? Alea and Yvette are giving me rotten looks over in the guildhall, I figured you'd be more accommodating."

"Certainly, come in."

"Thank you." Sieg walked in and sat at one of the tables after he propped his sword against the desk.

"Hey Sieg, don't you have a scabbard or something for your blade?" Naomi asked.

"Nah I don't need it. Watch." Sieg waved his hand around and the sword rose and spun in the air. Then it flung and stuck to his back. He pulled it from his back like he was drawing it from a scabbard and held it high. "See."

"So why don't you just keep it like that?"

"Well I guess, it's just a nervous habit. I like having it in my hand or within arm's reach." He shrugged.

Naomi looked up from her paperwork, "Do new Elementals even get nervous, I mean you took out Alea. Who could you even be afraid of?"

"You say that, but she's still my declared rival. However, it's Yvette's cold glare that really sends shivers down my spine." Sieg shivered.

Naomi giggled, "she tends to have that effect on people."

"And what effect do you have on people?" Sieg asked as he spun a small rectangular plate around in his hand. Siegfried was a lightning elemental and his power centered around magnetism. He could use these small plates in battle in numerous ways. One of them was to attach a quantity to the opponent's weapons to throw of the weapons balance and then affect them from a distance with magnetic waves. That was the first trick he'd used against Alea, but he was sure that it wouldn't work as well the second time.

"Most people say I'm easy to be around, but most aren't confident in my brains. My sister got all the brains and I got the brawn." Naomi scratched her head with her pen.

"You're a swordsman?"

Naomi laughed nervously. "Actually, I'm not very well suited for combat." She hung her head in disappointment. "My Dexterity stats are abnormally high, but it seems like all my talent is in my ability to run and deface property with my art."

"That's right I heard that you were a delinquent." Sieg said. He had a thick black mop of hair that covered one of his eyes and a mask that rested sideways on his head so that his right eye could see through the left eye slot. It was a fox patterned simple mask just from the look of it, but from the way he never took it off there was obviously more to it.

Naomi flinched at the word delinquent. "I prefer the term Activist."

"Either way I hear that you were bad enough to be put on death row. What nobody mentioned was that you were an artist."

"I don't know if I would call myself an artist. I just painted over a few murals or dressed up statues with fabrics and glue."

"Really? That's so courageous. I would have liked to see some of it."

"Ha! You're probably the only one who has ever said that. Everyone else called me a nuisance. Except for Cal and my father." She slumped, propping her head up with her hand.