Chapter 32 - Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

"Good."

Tristan's POV

It was the day of the party. And the day that I tell Riley my mate was Scar.

Eventhough I was Alpha, and I could get him to easily obey me, I still felt nervous. The thing about Scarlett was that she made me more sensitive and less Alpha-like. After I met her, I let my pack get away with the smallest of things that I would normally growl about. I changed into a black shirt and black jeans before getting into my car and driving to his at about 6:30. I parked my car in a private road and walked rest of the way to his.

I really don't want to hurt Riley, but I knew this was gonna crush him.

He's been after her for years and I never really cared until now. I ran my hands through my hair and stood outside his house. He's always been blabbering on about her, and I remember all the times I just nodded along, but now I knew what he was talking about.

She was perfect.

I reached into my pocket and got out the keys, I still had a pair after I moved out last year, but before I could open the door, Riley had already done it.

"Hey man!" he said, letting me in and giving me a hug. Since we were like brothers, I didn't really mind, I hugged him back and stepped in. "What's up? You look a little nervous."

"Uh, can I talk to you?" I asked anxiously, rubbing the back of my neck and sticking a hand in my pocket.

"Sure, what is it?"

"You might wanna sit down for this." I said.

"Must be serious." he mumbled while walking over and sitting down on one of the couches.

"Uh... the thing is Riley..." I looked at his intent face. "I found my mate."

"Congrats man!" he shouted smiling and clapping. "So, who is she?"

Okay, here's your cue. Say it now.

"Um, it's..." I looked away from him and stuck both hands in my pockets, leaning against the door frame. "Scarlett Evans."

There was an uncomfortable silence.

"What?" he asked as if he hadn't heard me, but I could already feel the mixed emotions he was feeling and the tension in the air.

"I'm sorry." I replied, feeling guilty. But I wasn't ashamed. God, who would be ashamed to have a girl like her?

"What?" he repeated, standing up now and glaring at me. "Your mate is Scarlett Evans?"

"Yeah." I answered back, smiling, being reminded of her.

"How could you-how did this-" he looked at me again, his eyes upset and angry. "What?"

He still couldn't believe it. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, but she is my mate." I said, looking at him directly with sympathetic eyes with truth in them. He clenched his jaw and looked away from me.

"Okay. Okay then." he replied, nodding, finally taking in what I said but still upset. "You can have her."

"I wasn't asking permission." I snapped at him uncontrollably, my wolf's possessive and demanding side getting the better of me, but in a way, I was kind of glad I said it.

"Whatever." he answered back, going into the kitchen. He infuriated me so much sometimes, why can't he just grow up?

But I was a really patient person, which conflicted with my my wolf's opposite personality, so I just sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I grabbed some crisps and ate them, sitting down on the couch. I switched on the TV and started watching some sports. When Jonathon and Victoria went to Canada, they had taken Luke with them. Why were they there in the first place?