Chapter 38: Look At Me.

Everyone's still at school and I'm just here in my bed.

It's only been two days in bed and I'm already over it. I miss walking and showering and making food. I can't wait for all these casts to come off.

I don't like sitting still like this, I need to keep busy. It's driving me crazy laying in bed all day.

My door opens and it's John. "Hey, John. I thought you were working?" I ask him as he comes in and closes the door behind him.

"Yeah, but I thought I'd check up on you. How are you feeling?" He asks me as he sits in front of me.

"The usual, ya know... Pain everywhere and it's only the second day and I'm already bored out of my mind. And you?" I say and he lets out a chuckle.

"I'm doing great. Just taking a break from work." He says and I nod. "Whilst you're taking a break, there's something I want to tell you." I say and he suddenly looks so serious. "About what?" He asks me.

"About Mark..." I say. "Well then what are you waiting for. Tell me." He says anxiously.

"He was put in school a year later. So he's turning 19 this year." I say to him. "So, you mean if we can track him down and prove all this he can go to jail?" He asks me and I nod, "That's exactly what I mean." I say to him.

"That's the best news I've heard all day. I can't wait to put that bastard in jail." John says sounding excited.

"Yeah, I feel it's the right thing to do to ensure that he doesn't do it again. And so that he faces the consequences for what he had done." I say to John. He nods, "I totally agree with you, Andy. I'm going to go straight downstairs from here to arrange a flight to New York City. I'm going to arrange an appointment with my NYC lawyer and open a case against a Mark... who?" He asks me with a confused expression on his face.

"His full name is Marcus Deakin." I say to him and as I say it he types it on his phone. "And what do you mean by NYC lawyer?" I add on asking him a question.

"I'm assuming Marcus is spelled with a 'c' and Deakin... D-E-A-K-I-N. Is that correct?" He asks me and I nod, "One hundred percent." I say to him.

"Okay, now that we're done with that I can get to your question. What I meant by NYC lawyer is that I have a lawyer for that specific state." He says to me as if it's supposed to be obvious.

"So you just have lawyers for every state?" I ask him and he nods. "Yeah, pretty much. Your parents and I need to have a lawyer in every state where we have opened up a branch. For legal reasons it's just better. We find the top law firm in the state and hire their best lawyer. So yeah, we got a lot of lawyers on our payroll." He says and I just sigh and roll my eyes.

"God, my family is spoiled." I say and he lets out a sigh, "Hey, we worked hard to get this 'spoiled' as you called us. And we can't be spoiled because we teach you from a young age to work and earn your money. That's a good trait to have in life." He says and I nod.

"Yeah you're right but we're above average when it comes to money and you can't deny that." I say to him and he nods.

"Yeah, but it's hard earned money built from the ground up..." Before he can continue his phone rings and he takes a look at it. He sighs and looks at me, "I'm sorry I've got to take this before they screw up something else. I swear I'm this close to firing someone today." He says whilst indicating how close he is to firing someone.

I let out a laugh, "Go ahead and if it makes you feel better fire someone." He stands up, "If this developer screws up one more time I might invest in hiring a new one." He says and answers the phone and sighs, "What now?" He says as he answers the phone.