Chapter 4: Why Would You Do That?

Monday.

One word to describe it: Pointless.

I climb in my car and follow Jack. We are first going to stop at Maddie's house to pick her up then we are going to school.

As I drive behind Jack I can't help but think. Thousands of things run through my head. What are the rules at the school like? What new faces am I gonna see? Who will hate me first for no reason? What is Mark doing right now?

I need to stop thinking about him. He isn't worth my thoughts. He isn't worth my anything.

And to think I loved him. It makes me sick to my stomach. It makes me sick all over. We finally stop at Maddie's house. It's smaller then I expected but still larger than most.

She exits the house almost speed walking. Why would she want to exit the house so quickly? It's the first day of school not free tickets to Iron Maiden. Yes, I am a metal head. And no I am not a Satanist. I'll fucking kill you if you call me that.

As soon as Maddie gets into Jack's truck we drive off.

We eventually arrive at the school and it seems pretty normal. Just more pickups here. I park next to Jack and all of us get out. I grab my backpack and cellphone as I exit the car. I lock it and shove everything into my jean pocket.

"Where to now?" I ask Jack as I catch up with him and Maddie. "Well, first we need to get you your class schedule and show you your locker and everything." Jack says. "Then we'll go to our usual spot." Maddie adds.

I nod ,"Okay cool. Let's get it over with I am already sick of this place." I say and they both let out a chuckle. I can see Maddie's is forced. Something is wrong with her. She seems off. "I'll show Andy around and make sure she gets everything. You go, we'll meet you there." Maddie says to Jack.

"You sure, babe?" He asks her and she nods. "Absolutely." She says and kisses him. God, I feel like a third wheel. "See you later then, babe." He says and walks off in another direction.

As soon as Maddie and I enter the school building people stared. "Mind your own business." I say to them and they look away.

I look at Maddie walking beside me. "Are you okay?" I ask her. She nods hesitantly ,"Yeah why?" She says looking at me.

"Because you don't seem like it." I say to her. "Yeah, I am fine." She says waving it off. I am not gonna push her to tell me what's wrong. She needs to tell me on her own time.

"Oh, look what the cat dragged in." Someone says and Maddie comes to a stop and so do I. I turn to the girl standing in front of me. She is a Barbie looking motherfucker.

"Little ol' miss petty show." So I am guessing this is Michelle. "Go away, Michelle." Maddie says.

"Why should I? Are you gonna put your drunk ass father on me?" She asks folding her arms. "Whoa, hold the fuck up." I say to her.

"The little Satanist can speak." She says looking at my Slipknot shirt then up at me with a smirk ,"First of all, fuck you. Second of all you have no fucking right to say that to her." I say getting angry at her. "And what are you gonna do?" She asks all cocky.

"You see, unlike you, I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. So if I ever hear you talk to her or about her like that, I will literally fuck you up and I am not afraid of authority. Trust me." I say to her.

"So will you please leave us the fuck alone." Maddie says out of nowhere. I didn't expect her to say anything.

Michelle just stands there, it looks like she is buffering. "You are gonna regret threatening me." She says looking at me. "And you need to shut up. Like you always do." She says to Maddie.