Chapter 30: I Know The Feeling.

It's been a week and I still haven't talked to my parents since our fight.

Just when it started to go great again my dad just had to ruin things. He had to make me feel bad about myself and the people in my life.

This time I'm waiting for him to apologize. And I don't care how long it takes him - he's going to apologize to me.

My mom has been calling me non stop and I know what she wants to do. She's going to tell me that I crossed the line, that I need to apologize to my dad and I'm not doing that. He was wrong and unnecessary towards me, Adam's right - he can't talk to me like that, even if he is my father. This time he's going to apologize.

At least Adam thought of something to cheer me up. He has this surprise planned for me that's just a few hours away and we're gonna be alone. I'm so excited!

With everything that has happened lately I think Adam and I both could use some kind of getaway. Away from everything and everyone.

Maddie and I are at this clothing store and I'm standing here staring at lingerie. Not knowing what to buy, I can be so indecisive sometimes. Maddie got tired of my indecisiveness and went on her own adventure in the store. I could really use her opinion right now because I really don't know what to pick.

"I know the feeling." Some random girl says and I turn to her. I haven't seen her here before. Her hair the color of Merlot and her eyes the color of the dessert sands, she's gorgeous.

"So you get indecisive about lingerie too? I thought I was the only one." I say to her and she takes a step closer. "You new in town?" I ask her. "Just visiting, you know. Here on some business." She says and I nod.

"Okay, cool. I'm Andy, if you need any help... Come find me." I say to her and she smiles and nods. "I'm Dee and thanks I appreciate it. Red never fails... but it's up to you." She says and walks off. Maddie appears seconds later, "Who was that?" She asks me and I shrug, "I don't know. She said her name was Dee, tho." I say to Maddie. "Oh, okay. I like her hair." Maddie says and I smile. Red never fails, "So have you made up your mind yet?" Maddie asks me before I could answer her. "The red one." I say as I take my size off the shelf. "You got everything you need?" I ask Maddie as I turn back to her. "Yup, and you?" She asks me and I nod. "Definitely." I say to her.

******

We stop at home and it's only me and Maddie. I don't see Athena anywhere.

Maddie and I go to my room and I put my lingerie on and it's unexpectedly comfortable and I put my clothes back on. I double check to see if I packed everything.

I did!

So now it's just the game that's standing between me and Adam and our getaway.

After Adam and them were done practicing everyone came to Jack's. We're sitting outside by the pool, as usual, relaxing before we have to go. I'm all snuggled up against Adam.

"So you all packed for later, babe?" He asks me. "Yeah, I have a surprise for you. I even met somebody whilst getting it and she gave me some great advice." I say to him. "That's cool, babe. I can't wait to see your surprise." He says as he takes a sip of his drink.

"Apparently she's here on some business... Oh and her name is Dee." I say and just as I say her name Adam chokes on his drink. Both of us sit up and I look at him. That was weird.

"Are you okay, babe?" I ask him and he nods. "Dee?" He asks me and frowns.

I nod, "Yeah, she was very pretty." I say to him. "Yeah, I loved her hair." Maddie says. "Yeah, I wish I could pull off that shade of red." I say to her. "Yeah, me too." Maddie says.