Chapter 37: Where Is She?

I grab everything and climb out of my pickup.

I walk into the house and eventually find Athena in the kitchen busy making food.

"How's everything going?" I ask her. "She's upstairs. She got home about two hours ago. I was just going to take this food up to her." She says to me.

"Let me do it." I say and hold out my hand for her to give it to me. "Why thank you, Adam. I appreciate it." She says and gives me the plate. "What's with the bag?" She asks me. She probably just noticed it.

"Well, I made an arrangement with John to stay the week to help you take care of Andy." I say to her.

She smiles at me, "That's so sweet of you, Adam. I really appreciate your help." She says, "I'm always here to help." I say and walk to Andy.

I get upstairs and slowly open her door. I enter her room to see that she is sitting on her bed under the covers with her laptop on her lap to keep her busy, I guess.

"Hey, my gorgeous." I say and her face completely lights up when she sees me.

I sit down next to her on her bed and give her her food after removing the laptop from her lap. "Hey, my sexy. How was practice?" She asks me. "It was okay but I couldn't stop thinking about you - here. I wanted so badly to blow off school and practice to be with you." I say to her.

"You should focus on practice and as much as I want to spend every literal second of every day with you. You have obligations and I don't want you to blow them off just because of me." She says to me.

"I'll shut everyone and everything up just to hear your voice. Whether you like it or not." I say to her and she just smiles at me and blushes. "Stop it. Stop turning me on." She says to me biting her lip and I grab her and give her an intense passionate kiss. She kisses me back. "I have a surprise for you." I say after our kiss. "It can't possibly get better than that kiss." She says and I let out a chuckle. "I brought this bag with because I'm staying here for the week to help take care of you and to spend more time with you, of course." I say to her and she hugs me, the best she can.

I hug her back trying not to hurt her.

"You're the most amazing person I've ever met. Thank you for everything, Adam. I love you so much." She says to me with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

"I love you too, my most amazing baby girl." I answer her.

She starts eating her food. "How was practice?" She asks me in between bites. "It was intense. Coach made practice a lot harder. I understand it's finals week but it's a lot of work to take in, you know?" I say to her. "I know I'm sorry, babe. I wish there was something I could do to help." She says and I smile at her. "Just being here with you, helps enough." I say to her and she blushes.

*****

She fell asleep after a while of us talking and me stroking her hair. I gently took her laptop off her lap. I give her a forehead kiss and grab her plate. I go downstairs and see Jack and them. I put her plate in the sink and go over to them.

"Hey, man what's up?" Jack asks as I sit down with them. "She fell asleep so I'm leaving her to nap in peace." I say to him.

"Yeah, man that accident was so unexpected. It scared the shit out of all of us." Carson says.

"Yes but we can be grateful that she's okay." Maddie says and I nod. "Yeah, I'm so fucking grateful that she's okay. Even though she got hurt she's still here, with us and that's all that matters to me." I say to them.

We hear the door open and close. I turn and we see Cassidy jogging up to us, out of breath. Why is she here?

"Where is she?" She asks out of breath. "What are you doing here, Cassidy?" Jack asks her. "Andy's parents called me and said she was in a terrible accident and they wanted me to check up on her and since I know their business is more fucking important than her - I came here as fast as I could." She says to us.