Chapter 8: I Wasn't Expecting That.

As a long day of school has passed and Adam seems to be fine we are now on our way to the mall to go buy me a new phone.

And it has been a weight lifted off my shoulders to not talk to Tyler today or get a message from Mark. I know it seems harsh but yeah. It actually feels good to not have a phone with me. I have become so depended on it, it's crazy.

"So what phone are you looking at?" He suddenly asks me, ripping me out of my thoughts. "I thought that's why I brought you with?" I ask him and he nods ,"Yeah, but I don't know what your budget is." He says to me.

"Good point." I say to him ,"But I don't have a budget." I add and he frowns. "I thought you had to use the last of your money to buy this phone." He says and I nod ,"Yeah but the last of my money isn't just a few grand." I say to him.

"And before you say anything I am not a spoiled rich kid. I work for my money. Unlike some people I know." I add, defending myself. "I know you aren't talking about me because my mom doesn't just give me money, it's like with Jack and Kyle." He says to me and I am glad to know that he isn't a spoiled rich kid as well.

"I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about Tyler." I say to him. He nods ,"Why do you think he is a spoiled rich kid?" He asks me. I am glad to see his body language hasn't changed at the mention of Tyler.

"Because he seems to be flaunting his parents' money everywhere he goes. With what he wears and even that overpriced sport car of his." I say to him and he just nods. "Don't you like all those fancy stuff?" He asks me and I shake my head.

We stop at the mall. I got my wallet in hand. We climb out of his truck and he locks it. We start to walk and I answer his question ,"No I don't." I say to him. After a few minutes we enter the mall.

"And why is that?" He asks me. "Even growing up with money, I never was a fan of all the fancy stuff. It never bothered me. Like I would rather sit on the back of your truck eating McDonald's while staring at the stars then be in some fancy restaurant where you have to dress up and act uptight." I say to him.

He nods ,"Good to know." He says and I frown, shaking it off. "Where's the nearest shop to get me a phone?" I ask him. "It's around the corner, a couple of stores down. Right across the McDonald's." He says to me.

I smile ,"Are you kidding me?" I ask him and he shakes his head ,"Not at all." He says to me. "We are definitely getting McDonald's." I say to him. He smiles at me and it's a genuine smile something I haven't seen a lot since we started this whole 'get the game plan' - plan.

"Definitely but first we need to get you a phone." He says to me. "Right now I am more interested in getting McDonald's." I say to him and he laughs.

"Getting your new phone won't take longer then a half an hour." He says to me. "Well it's a half an hour to long because now I am hungry." I say to him.

"Here's the shop." He says pointing to the shop on our right side and on our left side is McDonald's. My mouth is watering right now. "Be patient." He says to me as we enter the shop. "Patience isn't one of my strong points." I say to him and he just lets out a chuckle. "Hello, how may I assist you today?" An overly cheerful lady says. She needs to calm down. "We are here to buy that phone." Adam says pointing to the newly released Samsung.

*****

"Now that we got me a new phone, can we please get McDonald's?" I ask Adam as we exit the cellphone shop. He lets out a chuckle ,"Yeah we can after this question." He says and I sigh.

"Are all your stuff backed up to the cloud?" He asks me and I nod ,"Duhh..." I say to him and realize that was rude ,"Uhmm... sorry. Yes it is." I say to him, more politely. He nods ,"Awesome, we can put that onto your new phone as soon as we get home." He says.