Chapter 10: I Don't Know Anymore.

Adam's P.O.V

"Where's your mom?" She asks Jack. "She just left to go grocery shopping. She wants to cook big tonight since my dad will be home today. Why?" Jack asks her.

"I really am sorry and your dad is gonna kill me for this but I have to take a raincheck." She says to Jack glancing back for some odd reason. "Why?" Jack asks. "I need to go to this stupid party with Tyler. So I'll be home late. And if Tyler asks, Jack forced you to come with me to buy a phone after you volunteered. I gotta go. Bye." She says and storms back into the house.

I stare after her. In the almost two weeks I have known her I can't help but think about her sassiness and the way she speaks and laughs - Even the way she dances and the attitude she has, I can't get her out of my head and it is frustrating me.

I thought if I came onto her it will help to open her eyes and I guess it did, a little. Or at least I hope it did.

"Adam, dude, are you okay?" Stephen asks me. "Yeah, man. I am completely fine." I say taking a sip of my beer. And now she is heading off to a party with him.

I just wish there was another way to get the game plan. A way that doesn't involve my dick of a step brother getting to kiss and hold her.

"So what are we gonna do tonight?" I ask indirectly. "I can't do anything, man. My dad is gonna be back in town for the first time in three months. So I gotta be here." Jack says. "And I am here with him, obviously." Maddie adds.

"Michael?" I ask him. "I can't either man. Zoey and I already got plans." He says shrugging. Fuck sakes! I need to let off some steam.

"Brandon? Carson?" I ask looking at them. "We're actually gonna go to that party. Check it out maybe pick up some girls. You wanna join?" Brandon asks me. I shake my head ,"Nahh, y'all go ahead. I don't want to see Tyler feel Andy up all night." I say to them.

I turn to Stephen. "Stephen, my man. You know I leave the best for last." I say to him. We're a tight knit group of friends that will honestly do anything for each other without a second thought. I consider them family. The only family I got left is my mother at home. And my dad... but we don't talk about him. Fuck Tyler and his asshole of a dad.

"Of course. I am here man. We can hit up a couple of joints and get a couple of drinks." Stephen says. A sign of relief washes over me. Thank God I have a drinking buddy tonight.

I don't want to drink alone not with the thought of Andrea in my head. That might lead me into some big trouble.

"Awesome, thanks, man." I say to him. "I am driving though. We can pick your truck up tomorrow." He says and I know it's the right thing to do because when I drink I become reckless. "Awesome. Are we gonna go straight from here?" I ask Stephen.

He nods ,"It's like you read my mind, man." He says to me with a smile.

Andrea is in my head and I can't get her out. She is just beautiful in every way possible. Stop it Adam! You're not gonna be able to hold her until this stupid plan is over.

"You wanna go?" Stephen asks me and I nod. "Yeah, let's go." I say and stand up and so does Stephen. "Bye, man. Enjoy the dinner and say hello to your dad." I say to Jack.

"From me too, man." Stephen says. "I will, thanks, guys. Enjoy that, I am gonna enjoy this." He says and glances at Maddie who just blushes. Stephen and I walk through the house and out the front door. We climb in his truck and now the forgetting begins.

*****

"She will choose you." Stephen says to me and takes a sip of his beer. Both of us already had three beers. This is our fourth.