Chapter 35: Well, Congratulations...

Adam's P.O.V

"I have to go, babe. I'll see you tomorrow." I say to Andy as I get up from her bed.

"What, why?" She says suddenly sounding so disappointed. "It's getting late and I have to go. Coach is making us practice even more just to ensure that we win the finals. So he's making practice longer and way more intense." I say to her and she stands up.

"But I got the game plan and everything. Doesn't that help?" She asks me and I nod.

"Of course it does, babe. Coach has been spending every moment working out the perfect plan so no matter how they change it up we'll have a backup plan. He's very confident in us winning the finals this year. So everyone's gonna do the best they can." I say to her.

"That's awesome, babe but does that mean I'll still get to see you after practice?" She asks me as she walks up to me and throws her arms around my neck.

"Of course, you'll get to see me. You're my priority. Coach is just adding an extra hour to practice to go over everything. I'll come over right after. I promise." I say to her and she smiles and kisses me.

I kiss her back. If I could stay here and kiss her all day, I would but this week is going to be hectic and I need all the sleep I could get.

"You're the best. I love you so much, handsome." She says to me and I smile. "And you're my everything. I love you even more, gorgeous." I say to her. "I guess you should go now." She says sounding somewhat disappointed.

"Don't sound so disappointed. I'll talk to you later, before I go to bed. How about that?" I ask her and she smiles.

"I can't wait to hear your voice again." I say to her and smile.

"Me neither." She says to me. "As much as I want to stay here with you. I really need to get home." I say to her. "Of course, babe I understand." She says and lets go of me.

"Should I walk you down?" She asks me and I shake my head as I see the pile of homework resting on her desk - that she still needs to do.

"No it's okay, babe. I'll let you get to that mountain of homework you still need to do." I say to her and she sighs.

"Shit! I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me." She says as she looks at her homework, looking so dispirited all of a sudden.

"Than I'll leave you to it. I love you, gorgeous." I say to her and give her one last kiss.

"Not that I'm excited to do it but I love you too." She says after our kiss. "I know, baby girl but we all have obligations." I say to her and walk to open her door after giving her a forehead kiss.

"Yeah, I guess." She says to me. "I'll call you later, okay?" I say to her and she smiles. "Okay." She says looking so cute. God! I really want to stay.

"Bye, gorgeous." I say to her. "Bye, handsome." She says and smiles. I smile back and wink at her before I close the door behind me. It's so hard saying goodbye to her.

I walk downstairs and I can't really see anyone to greet so I just go straight for the door.

"Adam." Andrew says just as I open the door. I turn and look at him. "Yes, Andrew?" I ask him. "I'm sorry for how I acted towards you." He says and I frown. "I thought we worked everything out, sir?" I ask him.

"Yes but when you gave me that speech earlier... I never saw so much passion in such a young man. I realized I was wrong about you and I want to thank you for taking care of her and showing her real love. I really hope you stick around." He says to me.