Chapter 31

I could hear the screams before I reached the pool house. I passed the guards posted at the door with nothing but a nod and followed all the noise inside. I stopped at the doorway. Damein was pounding on the face of the guy I shot. He was wearing a bass knuckles. This guy is getting hotter every day.

"You should invest in some sound proofing." I advised.

He stopped with his back to me. "And you should be in bed. Sleeping" he retorted.

"What can I do? This bitch's howling kept waking me up." I said making his lips tip up slightly.

"He talk yet."

"No. But he doesn't need to. We both know who sent him."

"Then why are you hitting him?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"To amuse myself of course"

I huffed a laugh. "And he needs to be made an example of."

He straightened. A smirk lurking at his lips. "What do you suggest?"

"Give me your gun." I told him.

He frowned. He knew what I was asking. "I'll do it." He said. I shook my head. I reached for the holster ar his side. He didn't stop me.

"No. Damein. They were after me. If I'm going to stand at your side. I will not be seen as weak. I'll do what I have to. They brought their fight to me. They'll deal with the consequences."

"What about the consequences you'll have to deal with."

I looked into the frightened eyes of the man I was about to kill. " I won't have anyone fighting my battles for me."

He laid his hand over mine and pulled the trigger. "It's our battle now. We fight it together."

He laid his other hand on my waist and pulled me outside. He sat me down on one of the poolside lounges. "You're okay?" he asked.

I nodded. "We need to send him a message. This ends now. I'll never rest easy until this is over. I'll do whatever it takes to see this through."

"Okay" he agreed. Just like that. This guy is killing me. His Grey eyes the most beautiful I've ever seen. I smiled at him ready to lighten the mood.

"I got you something." I taunted him. He raised his brow at me. "What? You got me a gun from Milo's?"

I frowned at him. "You're an arms dealer. Why would I get you a gun."

"Yes. I am an arms dealer. My fiancé shouldn't be caught dead buying a gun from somewhere else." he scolded.

I laughed. "No. But here this should ease the sting a bit." I reached into my pocket and pulled out the ring I bought for him.

I reached for his hand and slipped the simple silver band around his finger. I told him. "My vows. My real vows I'll make to you on my own time not in front of a crowd. I know I won't be good at the obey part of our vows. So I won't bother with that. But I will do my best to honor you. I will be at your back. At your side. You will have my loyalty and respect. We might not have wanted this relationship. But we'll make it a partnership."

He just listened through it all. His eyes growing darker and deeper sucking me in. He laid his other hand over mine. " Nila. I vow to you. I will bleed to protect you. Fight till my last breath to keep you safe. Yeah. We'll take this partnership and we'll build an empire. Our empire out of it. No one will stop us."

" No one will dare." I told him.

............................

Author's note

Dun Dun Dun
So much drama
Cute right 😉
Let me know what you think
Don't hold back
And finally here is the picture I promised you. It's the picture that inspired those previous chapters. The guy is the same guy in the previous pictures I showed you of Damien if you noticed.
Damn he's hot.

And I'm on a roll that's three chapters today. ❤️❤️