Chapter 20

"So," I began, "how do we go on from here?"

We had just come back from obtaining the marriage licence. It was anticlimactically easy to tell the truth. There was no proceed with caution signs. No warnings of continue at your own peril. Nothing but the simple filling out of a form.

After returning to the Evans mansion we went straight to Damian's study because and I quote, he had "some business to take care off" and we had to talk afterwards. But so far all he did was work on his tablet and sign some paper. Yeah, I got bored of that real quick.

"I meant, should we get the big wedding, the small "intimate" church service or we could do it at the courthouse. It would be much simpler that way."

"You forget the Elvis performed Vegas wedding, It's always an option." He replied without lifting his head from the tablet.

"Yeah, that would be nice, too. But seeing that we already obtained a license here you just have to compromise and forget all about your dream of being married by the king of pop. Sorry honey but you know marriage is all about compromises, you just have to deal."

He finally looked at me and leveled me with a stare that could cut glass.

So I crossed my legs and sat back in my chair affecting the most haughty look I could muster. "Oh honey. Don't you know that ridiculous suggestions will always get you ridiculous answers." I said then added with a straight face. "In addition to getting called an overly sweet substance that doesn't resemble you in any way or form. So, honey. What's it gonna be church or courthouse?"

He glared at me for one last time then resumed his work. After a lengthy pause I asked again. He sighed. "Believe me. If you don't keep your mouth shut for the next ten minutes it's going to be a funeral home."

I smiled " A bit of a gloomy place for such a happy occasion."

" No, the more I think about it, it becomes more fitting." He puts his hand on the desk in front of him as if to rise.

I stood up quickly. "Obviously you're too busy to discuss these things right now we'll talk later at dinner."

"That would be preferable."

I waited until I was at the door then stopped and turned around, " Just one more question. I promise then I'm out of your hair. "

He expelled an exasperated sigh and set his tablet on the desk in front of him then he linked his long fingers together, to help to remember not to strangle me before the wedding most likely .

He took a deep breath, "Ask."

I kept a straight face with a leg already out the door. "Do we really have to invite your brother, he'd look great in the pictures no doubt about that but seriously. He's such a mood kill and a pain in the ass." I already bolted at that point so my last words were uttered at end of the hall.

I really needed to stop baiting him.