Chapter 23

"At that time all I thought about was killing Xavier. Everyday I hated him more. It was like a festering wound. He became the reason for everything bad in my life. If it weren't for him dad would've been with us. If it weren't for him I wouldn't have had to live in hiding. I disregarded you and Giovanni from my hate at that time. I had a tunnel vision and there was no one else at the end of that tunnel except him. I watched him for a while memorizing his schedule trying to find a time when he was alone. There was none. He was always surrounded by men. I tried to be as careful as possible. But still it wasn't enough."

"Someone noticed you." Damian supplied.

"Yes. I barely escaped with my skin the first time."

"The first time!" He exclaimed, "You were stupid enough to go back?"

I scowled. " I already told you about the tunnel vision thing. I couldn't not go back, especially that I was able to find an opening. Any leisure time Xavier has he spends on his yacht. He likes entertaining his business associates there on occasion. I was able to gather info about a meeting held there three days after I was caught the first time. So I had to go back."

"What was the plan exactly. Cause I still think you're an idiot. Did you plan to get on board and start shooting everyone."

"Hey. I was idiotic not insane. I planned on sneaking on board after the meeting was over and the other men leave. My intel said that he usually spend time at the bay after he's done with these meeting."

I stopped and looked away from him. "We already established that I was an idiot..".

"Without a doubt". He countered. I spun around and glared at him for a beat then went on.

"I was able to sneak on the yacht. After the men he had the meting with left, he stayed with two of his guards. I was trying to get the layout of the place when one of the guards found me. The other one was in cockpit. He found me before I was able to get to Xavier. He knocked me out and I woke up in a small bedroom on the lower level. When I saw Xavier beside me I reached for my gun but it wasn't there, right along with the knife hidden in my boots. They apparently searched me when I was out of it. To cut a story short Xavier.."

"No. Don't cut the story short. Tell me everything." He cut in.

I sighed. "Okay."

I was terrified. I stood before my enemy weaponless. With nothing but fear and hate fuelling me I lunged at him. Trying to claw out his eyes. He took hold of my arms and threw me at the wall like a rag doll. I groaned out in pain. Almost blacking out again. Crab. He was built like a fucking tank.

"What? Did you think you could just walk in and I'd be all laid out for you like a sacrificial lamb!" He laughed. "Really. Girls like you prove to me everyday that beauty and a brain don't mix."

"Yeah. You're right. I've got a living and breathing proof of that staring me right in the face."

The punch he delivered to my jaw didn't surprise me but it sure as hell hurt. I tried to kick him in the baby maker but he shifted anticipating it making the kick land on his upper thigh.

"You bitch!" He said grapping my hair and tugging me up until I stood in front of him. He had me rising on the tips of my toes trying to elevate the pressure of his painful grip. I slammed my elbow into his stomach forcing him to loosen his hold. I ran towards the door but he tackled me from behind. I tried to push him off me but he had a death grip on my wrists and one knee planted on my lower back. He got up and threw me on the bed. Before I even landed on it I knew what he had planned. I could see it in his eyes. I maybe had a split second to decide what to do. I saw the decanter of whiskey on the nightstand and reached for it. I swung it as had as I could and smashed it into the left side of his face. He howled in pain. His eye oozing blood. I didn't look at him I scrambled out of the bed and headed for the door.

I ran into the hallway and was scrambling up the stairs when I almost collided with the guard rushing down them. My mother used to say the most effective fighting mechanism was often the simplest. So I simply tugged on his shirt with all I had left letting his momentum and gravity do the rest. The whole encounter maybe lasted 5 minutes but it felt like 5 hours. I stood at the top of the stares trying to stop the pile rising up my throat. Hearing the pounding up the stares and seeing the other guard running towards me forced me out of my panic. I jumped as soon as I hit the railing. I swam for a few minutes trying to remain mostly underwater until I reached the docks. My mind a swirling haze filled with Xavier's blood and screams. My body hurt with every move but I forced my self to go on. If they found me I was dead.

Author's note

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. Hope you like this chapter.

The guy in this picture looks more like the Damian in my mind than the guy in the first picture I gave you of him.

What do you think?

Next time I'll give you a picture of Liam.