Chapter 25

I'm walking down the stairs the next morning when I nearly crashed into Liam who looked at me smiled and muttered, "It's gonna be a hellava day." And then kept on walking.

"What?" I asked, confused. He just chuckled.

"Crazy bastard" I said loud enough for him to hear. Then went on my way to Damian's study. He told me last night that he wanted to see me first thing in the morning. So here I was.

I knocked and went inside without waiting for an answer. "Good morning, Damian."

"Morning" he said without taking his eyes from the tablet he had on his desk. He kept tapping for a few minutes. His brows knitted in concentration. This could take a while.

I cleared my throat. He looked up half startled. Unbelievable. He almost forget I was even there. He frowned at me. "What do you want?"

God. Give me patience.

"You told me you wanted to talk to me about something last night. But, if you don't want anything. I can happily go have breakfast, which you're keeping me from by the way."

He sighed like I'm such an annoying inconvenience. "Who told you to skip breakfast. Go eat then get ready to go with Liam. I made an appointment for you at a bridal shop. We don't have time. The wedding is the day after tomorrow."

"You. Want me. To go dress shopping with Liam"

"Yes, Nila. You don't suggest I let you go on your own. Being my fiancée doesn't automatically stop you from being the Knights enemy it actually makes it worse. You might have forgotten all that but I haven't. You need Liam as a safety measure."

"Okay." I conceded. He was right about the protection thing but Liam, really. Again, God give me patience. "I'll go with Liam. But why do I even need the dress. It's not like this is a 'normal' wedding." I said normal with air quotations and waggling eyebrows.

"For God's sake drop the air quotes and as much as you'd love to get married in your jeans and a hoodie that's not happening."

I looked down in guilt. Well I wasn't planning to wear jeans and a hoodie but it was something similar. He gave me a pointed look.

"Our friends and families are all going to be there so we'll need to maintain all appearances. We'll get the small church wedding and a big reception here on the grounds of the estate."

Families!

"By Families you mean the yours and the Giovanni's, don't you? You want them to know who I am and what you're doing. It'll be all out in the open."

"Yes. They need to see that even if it's a marriage of convenience it's real."

I sighed. I got myself into this and I need to do whatever it takes to see it through.

"Okay. I'll go get a dress with Liam as a bodyguard. But just so we're clear if he acts like an idiot I'm kicking his ass."

I ignored the small smile lurking at his lips, turned around and headed to the kitchen.

Author's note

Here he is. Liam. ❤