Chapter 11

I'm running out of time. I know that for a fact because in the instance I finally found the caretaker's quarters, the top floor of the garage, I heard Damian.

"Nila," he shouted, and the hair at the base of my neck stood on end. Sweat beaded on my forehead. I need to move quickly. Now. I started running faster. He would search the main house first, but that won't last long. In fact it would last exactly until he or anyone for the matter found the two guards she undoubtedly left behind with a head bump and a headache to end all headaches.

When I reached the building I rounded a corner looking for a side door to the house only to find four guards standing in front of it looking alert. Well well.. What to do now. Okay. I would go with my usual plan, obviously. Lie. I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"Oh, thank god I found you. You have no idea how scared I've been." I say trying to look relived instead of panicked. I tried to fight the bile that rose up my throat but couldn't stop it. When I was done one of them approached me. "What are you doing here?" He says coldly. Puking me guts out, thank you very much. I need to calm down.

"A man came into my room," I say, grateful for the tears rolling down my face, they add beauty to the performance, "he wanted to steal this," I take the black box out of my pocket and show it to them, "I-I tried to.. to run from him, I went into the kitchen.." I sob. If I'm not already a criminal I should consider a career in Hollywood.

"But why didn't you yell for the guards?" Another asks. I sob harder. Come on, I urge them silently, look at me, look at me I'm such a helpless girl. "I did, but.. " I stop, like this is hard for me to say. "He hurt both of them, they're in the garden outside the kitchen.". Thank God I left the pan there and didn't bring it with me or this conversation would have been very very awkward.

Two of them exchange a look and head the way I came from to verify my claims, no doubt. I need to work faster. I spot the gun holster one of the remaining guards is wearing under his jacket and suddenly I'm acting quite faint. Before I fall I angle myself right in front of him. As an instinct he catches me. Without a second's hesitation I draw the gun aim it and say "Is my sister inside?". They are so socked that its almost comical. But to hand it to them they recovered quickly. "No," Holster guy says between clenched teeth.

I almost smile. Bingo. She is here. And I Need to be quicker. "Come on, get inside. And keep your hands where I can see them". They glare at me so I usher them in with the gun. I urge them up the stairs and into the top floor. "Say one word and your dead," I say quietly.

"Unbuckle your belt," I order Holster guy. He's shocked for a second but that quickly turns to anger. "What the.." He begins. "Just shut up and do it." I retort. He glares at me but gets to work on his belt. When he's done I say, "Good boy, now tie up idiot number two with it". Oh, if only looks could kill, I'd be six feet under.

"Get on with it" I say and he does. When he's done I tell him to kneel on the ground and to keep his hands on the base of his neck. Two thumbs on the head later he's goes to la la land. The other guy tries to get to his feet knowing that I'm about to do the same to him but despite his struggling I'm able to do it. Thank God the commotion didn't attract any..

Before I even finish the thought a girlish scream tears through the air. Shouldn't have tempted fate. I turn around to see a shocked woman maybe my age or a bit older looking shill shocked so I turn the gun at her. "Where is Sienna?" I bark out. She looks behind with growing horror.

"Oh honey. Aren't you a sight for sore eyes." I say spotting my sister. She runs to me hugging my waist and I want to return her embrace so bad but I don't keeping the gun pointed at screamy. I go to her and look her up in a closet right after tie her up and gag her. Sorry, Sweetheart. I then take Sienna's hand and run downstairs to the garage.

I gasp when I look into the massive space filled with about twenty car and a few Harley's. I quickly pick a car look for its key in key section of the wall. Finding it I get inside, tell Sienna to buckle up and I'm on my way tires screeching. I just bought myself a five minute head start and I'll make it count.