Chapter 26

"If I stay here long enough will I be blinded by all the white." I told Liam in wonder.

Everywhere I looked there was white, stark white, ivory, champagne, light gold, alabaster and the list goes on.

Liam rolls his eyes. "You'll be fine. Just pick out a dress and let's get on with this."

"Get on with it and pick out a dress are two phrases I don't like to be strung together in my shop." A voice suddenly called out from behind a rack of blinding white.  Then a perky Blond with a wide smile stepped out to greet us.  "Hello, I'm Ashley., you can call me Ash. Welcome to my boutique."

"Our boutique." Said another Blond. This one a tall guy with broad shoulders and smoldering blue green eyes. Yummy. "I'm Jack Tolland. And this is my sister Ashley. I design, she sells. "

"Jack go hide in the office and leave the customers to me. You must be Nila. It's a pleasure to meet you, honey."

"The pleasure is all mine" Liam said from beside me, his voice smoky and smooth. Jesus. No seducing my bridal dress helper or whatever the hell she was called. I elbowed him and smiled ready to get this on track " Ash. Jack. As you were probably informed I'm in a bit of a hurry. I need to pick out a dress and have it altered by tomorrow at the most. I don't have much experience in fashion and don't plan to get any so please keep the tips and dresses to a minimum."

"Okay." Said Ash "Seeing that you are in hurry I'm just going to help you narrow it down a bit. Your fiance already stated that there wasn't a price range so you have an array of styles to choose from."

" Before we get started. You know those princess poofy dresses."

"Yeah." she said eyes lighting up.
"Well, don't let me see any of those. I don't want to look like a wedding cake. And no sparkles or pearls or whatever and I don't want to show a lot of skin either. That specifically means no cleavage"
A low snicker from my right had me driving my elbow again to someone's side causing him to grunt.

Ash smiled. "Ooooh. I think I have just the right dress for you. Wait a second I'll be right back."
Ash dashed to the back of the store and started rummaging through dresses.

"Normally we'll need two to four fittings to get the dress the right size. But don't worry I'll take your measurements now and I'll work on it myself. You'll only need to try it out once more. That is of course after you decide on a dress." said Jack.

"I found it" Ash said in a sing song voicethen ushered me into a fitting room.

"This is going to take a long time, isn't it?" Liam asked.

"You might want to take a seat" affirmed Jack.

......................................
After helping into the dress Ash left me for a minute to "take it all in" her words.
Honestly I'm glad she did. Seeing myself in a wedding dress made it seem all too real. My knees went weak and I barely held myself together. I took a deep breath and stood straight taking myself in. Objectively I knew the dress looked amazing. A lace form-fitting dress. With a high neck, long sleeves and no back. Yeah. No back.
"Ash!" I called out. "Where the hell in the rest of it?"

She laughed from behind the curtain. " Honey you said no cleavage showing. You didn't mention your back."

I smiled. Yeah I didn't. I actually liked it.

" If you don't like it you can always cover it with a veil." she said.

" No. No veil. And I like it."

She removed the curtain. "Good. Because you look gorgeous."

"Thank you. Now can you call Jack in here to take my measurements."

"Sure. But don't you want your friend to see you in the dress."

"No. And he's not my friend he's my .... my brother in law. And let him and his brother stew for a while."

She laughed. "ohhh I like that. Always keep him guessing."

You have no idea.

..............................  

" I can't believe you didn't let me see the dress" Liam said.

I groaned. "stop sulking, you big baby."

" Damien is going to kill me if you picked out something hedious."

"Don't worry. Now I want to buy a few things before the final fitting tonight. Come on we barely have enough time."

He looked at me with suspesion. "What do you have in mind."

I looked at him with a twinkle in my eye. "A shopping spree"

Author note
Sorry guys for the long wait
I keep giving up and then having hope in the story

This chapter was quickly written and unedited so if there were any mistakes I'm sorry

Comment and give me your thoughts

That's the dress of as close as I could find to what I had in mind

What do you think Nila is going to buy?

Share your thoughts