Chapter 12

The guards main purpose in the commotion, thinking they are under attack, was to keep people out, they didn't care when one of their cars got out, probably presuming Damian sent a scout.

As soon as I was out the gate I followed the signs to the highway and from there I got on a twisted path of side streets and old neighbourhoods.

I knew that I was running out of time so I dropped Sienna off close to the diner and told her I would follow. The diner was the place Rick and I agreed on. Rick had been my father's best friend growing up, I had never met him given the fact that he and dad got out of touch when dad married and had to go on the run. Dad used to talk about him all the time saying that if anything happened to him we can contact Rick. It never seemed fair to me to drag him into our missy lives so I hadn't. But since Damian caught us we ran out of all options so I contacted Rick, slipping a message into his email undetected and it progressed from there. We came up with a plan.

Run away. Drop Sienna at the diner where he would pick her up. Drive Damian on a merry go round to make him lose my trail. Then I would go to the second location to catch up with them.

After spotting two cars behind me I start with the third part of my plan. I turn to the highway and zigzag between cars trying to shake them off. To my frustration, one of the cars is behind me at all times. I change my plans going into side roads again but its no use. The two cars become four then five. I almost panic when one of the cars drive beside me and gets close to hitting me. A repeat of the action tells me its intentional. I sigh with relief when the car falls back but before its completely behind it swerves into me catching my cars tail lights then he does it again and a third time turns out to be my undoing. I'm good with a car but not that good. I try to control it but it spins and spins and suddenly all I can hear is metal grinding and shrieking then lights out.

*********************************

I wake up on a bed disoriented. I try to set up but my body groans in protest. I look a round only to find my surroundings all too familiar. Oh no. I look up into the most beautiful gray eyes I've ever seen. And the most angry. I scramble away until I reach the headboard but I know there is no where to go. There is only one thing on my mind. Well, shit.

AN. I am so sorry about being late you guys and for the short chapter. I can't write like I used to because of school. I'm always exhausted. I'm really sorry, again.