Chapter 30

Red pain flared in my shoulder causing me to gasp awake. Again.

"Shhhhh. It's over. It's okay." mummered a sweet voice that had no business being sweet. My warlord. Well, not mine. Nor was he a warlord. Well. Whatever. I needed to focus. I opened my eyes. They felt like they were weighted down.

I looked at my surroundings and found myself in my room at the Evans.  I have got to stop waking up like this. A sense of deja-vu hit me making my already unsteady vision swim. Last time I was awake. I was in Damien's car with a rag pressed to my shoulder.

"I removed the bullet and stitched her up. " said the weird raid thin guy that was poking my shoulder. "The bullet didn't hit any bones so the recovery time will be shorter than it could have been." he handed Liam a prescription. Probably some antibiotics and painkillers. Bitch should have given me more of those before poking me with a needle.

Liam escorted the doc out leaving me with Damein. " Hey, big guy." I whispered. My voice hoarse. He sat down beside me on the bed careful not to touch me.  "Hey. How are you feeling?"

I raised a brow at him. A move I'm not ashamed to admit I learned from him. I might have practiced it a few times in front of the mirror.

He raised a brow right back at me. A chuckle escaped me. " I'm fine. You'll be happy to know the dress I picked out is a bit conservative with long sleeves . It won't show. The wound I mean. Not my boobs. Although it won't show those as well" I babbled.

He frowned at me. "That's good." I gave him a droopy smile. Then I frowned. Why the hell am I smiling and talking shit. Meh. Why do I care. My shoulder didn't hurt any more. And my body had a nice buzz. I smiled again closing my eyes.

I heard a whiskey smooth laugh from beside me. I patted the laugh away. "Shuddup!" I mumbled making him laugh again.

"She looks drunk" said another voice at my other side. Pretty boy.

"That's the painkillers finally kicking in." assured Damein. And that's the last thing I heard before sleep claimed me.

............................................
The next time I woke up I opened my eyes to find Sheila moving around tidying up the room.  "Sheila!" I croaked. She turned around at my voice.

"Oh! I'm so glad you're finally awake child. How are you feeling?"

"Tired. What time is it? How long have I been asleep?" I asked feeling like my head was stuffed with cotton.

"It's the middle of the afternoon. You've been sleeping since last night. I say you needed the rest." she told me her face lined with worry.

I nodded. I asked her to help me up. I needed a shower. She tried to protest saying I shouldn't be on my feet so soon but I persisted. I felt like I would keel over at any minute if she let go but when I felt the water I sighed relaxing. It was worth it.  I took care not to let the water touch my new stitches. When I was done I brushed my teeth but didn't bother with my hair. Letting it dry as it was. I let Sheila help me into some clothes and drank some of the soup she made for me.

I felt drowsy but decided against sleeping again. I felt sick of laying down all this time. And I had an idea that the fun is definitely somewhere else especially that I haven't seen any of the brothers since I woke up.

"Shelia. Where is Damein?" I asked.

"Oh. Do you need anything. I can get you whatever you want. Child." she said eyes anywhere but on mine. "Sheila". I cautioned.

She sighed wearily. "You need to rest.".

"I'm fine" I told her and I meant it. After showering and eating I felt much better.

"He's in the pool house." she told me resigned. I smiled at her. "Thank you."

But before I went out the door I remembered something. "Sheila. Where's my jacket. The one I was wearing yesterday."

"It's over there in that basket. I was going to throw it way. It's still soaked in blood but I wanted to ask you first.". I lifted and searched in the right pocket smiling when I found it was still there. "You can throw it away now".

........................
Author's note

Well who's awesome now?
Me that's who
I'm writing a chapter every day
So yaaay me. 😉😉
The next chapter is coming tonight or tomorrow. Let's see how it goes. 😘

Until you {uncompleted} जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें