CHAPTER 45.

PUFFER'S POV

In no way does this affect Zed. Decklan turns and kicks him in the face but Zed grabs his leg and flings him away. Without even blinking, Zed reaches Decklan and lifts him up, squeezing life out of him.

Decklan's body starts burning really bad and that ends up leaving most parts of Zed's body burnt but he still doesn't let go, instead he runs into a wall with Decklan's body then flings him away again.

Zed looks so emotionless and devilish as he lets out his wings and flies towards Decklan, flinging him again towards the city and that ends up ruining the City gates. Decklan tries setting a building on fire but Zed reaches him quickly and something dark swallows the fire.

It seems the Freestars have long evacuated to the opposite side of the gates so nobody will get hurt as the two continue to fight and destroy the front parts of the City.

Decklan manages to escape and picks something sharp, throwing it at Zed but Zed easily holds it before it touches him. He throws it back at Decklan and it goes right through his chest. Zed still doesn't calm down. He grabs Decklan and disappears.

"What in the world just happened?" Rigo asks and I shake my head.

"I don't know," I reply as I turn to see that even Filn's body is gone.

"He took her too," Katlaine says, her voice still cracked.

Katlaine and Rigo scoot closer to me, staring at the lifeless bodies of Evalaine, Buttertooth and Mrs Purplestorm. Katlaine breaks into tears while Rigo comforts her. A lump forms in my throat, making it hard to swallow.

I look up to help control the tears threatening to come out. This didn't have to end like this. Can this really be called victory? The feeling of uselessness overwhelms me. I did nothing to help, instead I got in the way. If I wasn't here, Eva would have saved herself and Buttertooth won't be dead.

"He's back!" Katlaine shouts and I clean my eyes to see that Zed truly is back but without Decklan or Filn.

"Zed are you o—" I say but he still looks as emotionless.

He walks up to us and touches the bodies one by one, tears rolling down his cheeks. How can he even cry with those completely black eyes? He gets up and shouts but it sounds more like the roar of a wounded beast. This is the first sound I've heard him make since he turned to this thing.

He then picks Eva and Mrs Purplestorm up, one in each hand. I watch as he walks away with them but turns and looks at Buttertooth's body. I then understand that he wants me to carry her and follow him. Picking her body up, I rush to his side and he looks up.

The wind starts picking and the place starts feeling oddly cold. I see a light appear in front of us and before I knew it, Zed walks into the light and is out of sight.

"It's a portal. This can't be right," I say but still rush in and the light disappears behind me.

Looking around, I take in the beauty of the place. The flowers are everywhere like a huge garden and the endless lands. No walls around and the air feels nice. This is the very place we got our wings and prophesies.

"I thought it didn't open twice in one year," I mumble to myself.

"No, it doesn't. This was an agreement between God and I," Zed says and lays the bodies on the ground.

"Hey you're back," I say, my voice lacking the enthusiasm it should have as I lay Buttertooth on the ground too. I turn to see that his hair is white again.

"Yeah. The Devil can't be in a place like this," Zed replies and kneels down, bowing his head and I follow suit.

Everywhere is quiet for some time before Zed speaks up.

"I will keep Hell in check as its King and I will make sure Gravicta is safe. My part is Done." Zed lifts his head and sits down.

Confused, I sit on the ground too and stay quiet, staring at the three bodies. It's sad really, losing the people you were trying so desperately to protect.

I then remember something that was said a long time ago at Mrs Purplestorm's house about the prayers of a Fallen so I kneel and bow my head again.

"He will keep Hell in check as its King and will also make sure Gravicta is safe. His part is done. As for me, I'll do my best to make sure he behaves. My part is done," I say and sit down.

Zed smiles at me. "Thanks."

I offer a small smile but before I can reply, light appears on the three bodies and their wounds begin to close. My eyes widen as I watch their colour turn natural again and then they start gasping for air.

"They're alive!" I shout, standing up. "They're alive!"

"What happened and why are you screaming?" Buttertooth asks, touching her stomach.

"We're in the God lands. Zed agreed to be the King of Hell and Gravicta so that you three could come back," I explain and the three of them smile at Zed.

"Thank you," Buttertooth says and hugs him.

"Yeah thanks a lot. You're my hero," Eva hugs him and pecks him on the cheek.

"Am I supposed to thank you too?" Mrs Purplestorm jokes and Zed laughs.

"No. I'm just glad you're alive... Mom," Zed says and Mrs Purplestorm breaks into tears as she hugs him.

"Thank you, son," she says and pecks his forehead.

"Hey we need to do one last thing before we leave," Zed says and kneels down, bowing his head and everyone follows him.

"Thank you," everyone says and stands up.

A light appears behind us and we walk out of the God lands. Katlaine flies towards us and crashes into all of us, causing everyone to fall. Our laughter can be heard from afar by now I'm sure. Rigo casually walks towards us and falls on the ground by himself.

"You're crazy," Katlaine says, laughing at the boy.

"Hey Eve, the necklace you gave me faded after you left me. I need a new one," Zed says and everyone laughs again.

"You're asking for a necklace right now?" Eva asks and he grins.

"What? It's really important." He shrugs.

"Sure, it is." She rolls her eyes, chuckling as he pushes her head in annoyance.

Nobody gets up. We just stay there, lying on the ground, talking, laughing and looking up at the sky as the night kicks in. It's funny how a lot of things happened in such little time.

We've all grown in one way or the other and we are ready to take on whatever might come up again and this time, we'll conquer without fail. One important thing that we did learn though is that be it the City of the Frees, Fallens, Forgottens and Flightless, we are all one. This is our home, our planet, our family, Gravicta.