CHAPTER 42.

"Hold it right there Decklan," Zed shouts and Decklan stops advancing towards the city. "Just what do you think you're doing?"

"Something that should have been done a long time ago. I am here to destroy this City," Decklan replies, holding the Trident.

Demons are everywhere now. We're too close to the city to be fighting. If we're going save the place and its people, I'm going to have to put a barrier. I turn towards the City and close my eyes, saying, 'appear' and an invisible barrier covers the whole place. My body feels the impact of this but I must remain strong because this is just the beginning.

"You want to destroy this City? Why?" Zed asks and Decklan laughs out really loud.

"Why? Well because they've taken everything from me. I will now take everything from them. I will make the Fallens free," Decklan says angrily but still chuckles.

"And who do you think you are making that kind of decision?" Zed is now visibly angry too, his body shaking.

"I'm your brother, remember?" Decklan says with a smirk playing on his face. "Now get out of the way. I don't have time to chat."

"That's my line. Get the hell out of here dear brother—" Zed starts but Decklan shuts him up by laughing hard.

"Oh, but why would I? Hell is exactly what I plan to bring to these people. Why should I get it out?" Decklan smirks again, now slowly making his way towards the city.

Zed glares at him as he comes closer. "You're not getting past me Decklan. Don't dare me."

"Or what Zed? You've always been a softy, just like your father," Decklan says and Zed's body starts shaking.

It seems Zed is getting even angrier.

"Zed he's trying to make you lose your cool. You need to calm down," Puffer says and Decklan laughs.

"The idiot heard he was going to die but didn't give a shit. He was more concerned about making peace with these people, can you imagine that?" Decklan says as he reaches Zed.

"You don't know anything," Zed spits and Decklan taps his shoulder.

"You're mistaken. You, don't know anything."

Decklan flies past Zed but it doesn't take a second for Zed to block him again. The both of them are now looking pissed and it's obvious the war is about to begin.

"Kill him!" Decklan says and the demons growl, rushing towards Zed.

"Stop!" Zed shouts and they stop moving.

"Oh hey, he has some power even without the Trident." Decklan laughs. "Well then, kill them all!"

He points the Trident towards us and the demons obey, some running and some flying towards us. Zed rushes Decklan and holds the Trident too.

"Do not touch them!" They stop moving again.

"You're becoming really annoying brother," Decklan says, pushing Zed away and going as far away from him and the city.

"Evalaine, let's work on destroying these demons. Puffer and Buttertooth, you two stay safe for now. We will surely need you. Zed, you go and stop that fool," Mrs Purplestorm says and everyone nods.

I join my two hands together and she does same. She winks at me before saying, 'appear' and two huge rocks appear, falling on some demons and crushing them. With a sigh, I do the same thing.

"Oh no no, you shouldn't. I've got something for you two witches." Decklan smirks and snaps his fingers.

The demons make way, clearing a path and then Filn, Katlaine and Rigo walk out. It seems we've also been betrayed by my sister and Mrs Purplestorm's friend and then there's Rigo too.

"You see, those two are not themselves right now," Decklan says. "Why don't you give them a show."

"Katlaine, take this and kill yourself," Filn says, holding a knife.

Katlaine takes the knife, her eyes wide and not blinking as she lifts it up but just before she brings it down to her stomach, Filn stops her.

"What are you doing Filn?" Mrs Purplestorm asks.

"I'm doing what needs to be done to get what I want. You see, I just want power but no matter how hard I try, you two will always be there to take the shine," Filn says.

"Filn you're not even making any sense right now," Mrs Purplestorm replies.

"I know," Filn says, laughing loudly but then stops laughing and just glares at us.

"Filn has lost it," I whisper and Mrs Purplestorm nods. "What do we do now?"

"I was going to make this as quick as possible but it seems you all won't just let me. I've changed my mind," Decklan says, looking at Zed.

Everyone stares at him, confused by what he meant. He lifts the Trident and shouts to the top of his voice, demons now growling angrily and bowing their heads.

"Kill them all," he says and the demons attack again.

"Stop!" Zed shouts but nothing happens. "I said stop!"

Decklan laughs and flies slowly towards Zed again. "That won't work this time. You're not in charge anymore."

"I'll kill you," Zed spits and balls his fists as Decklan makes his way closer.

"Filn, keep those two alive for now. I'll tell you when we need them," Decklan says and Filn nods.

Mrs Purplestorm makes more rocks fall and then drags me away from a demon, creating a barrier to protect us. Decklan on the other hand, attacks but Zed vanishes and appears behind him. Something then falls and makes dust cover the whole place.

In order to see what's going on, Mrs Purplestorm releases the barrier and lifts her left hand up, saying, 'clear' and the dust vanishes. My eyes widen as I see Zed being held by a demon, his hands up as he was just about to strike Decklan.

"What just happened?" I ask and Mrs Purplestorm shakes her head.

"Zed sure is faster than Decklan but as long as that Trident is in Decklan's hand, Zed really doesn't stand a chance," Mrs Purplestorm says and creates the barrier again as a demon attacks us.

"Let me go!" Zed struggles to free himself, only to get stabbed with the Trident by Decklan.

"No!" I scream as I watch Zed bleed, the Trident stuck inside his chest.

"It's over now Zed," Decklan says but Zed laughs, coughing out blood as he does.

"You know what I noticed? You're not really strong even with that thing you're swinging around," Zed says and coughs out more blood. "And you're not very smart either."

"What!" Decklan says angrily and pushes the Trident further into him, making Zed scream in pain. "What are you going to do now?"

"Disappear!" Zed shouts really loud and in an instant, all the demons vanish.

Decklan pulls the Trident out immediately and kicks Zed away. "You little brat!"