CHAPTER 39.

Last night made it a full day since the night of the zero moon. It's already the second morning and Zed hasn't woken up. We had to carry him from the palace ruins to the city of the Fallens. I've also tried to heal him as much as I can but he's just not been responding.

I'm currently at Mrs Purplestorm's room to talk about what really happened when we said the command speech together at the palace ruins.

"It seems yours didn't work," she says, looking at me strangely.

"I swear I did as you said. I said the command speech together with you but—" I start but I trail off when she laughs.

"I'm kidding with you. Yours didn't work and I almost died though. We need to figure out why," she says and stands up.

"Uhm how do we do that?" I ask as she walks closer to me.

"Let's go wake Zed up from sleep," she smiles and walks out, heading to Zed's room with me trailing behind her.

Zed was placed in a room after Mrs Purplestorm's just in case. Puffer and Buttertooth are both in his room when we walk in. Everyone is quiet for a moment, just staring at Zed. I have tried doing a mind link with him but that didn't work too.

Mrs Purplestorm breathes in deeply and says, "Let's get to work then."

Nodding my head and walking to his bed, I place my hands on his chest and say, "This body I touch, heal completely for I, the Priestess of Gravicta has commanded."

All eyes are on Zed now, anticipating him waking up but then nothing happens. Nothing happens at all. He doesn't even shake a finger. I remove my hands from his body and cover my face as tears threaten to fall off my eyes.

Mrs Purplestorm walks to his bed and places her hands on his chest just like I did. She inhales a deep breath, trying to keep herself calm. I guess she too hasn't fully recovered from that night.

"This body I touch, heal completely for I, the Priestess of Gravicta has commanded," she says and a light appears underneath her palms and by the time it vanishes, Zed groans.

"It worked!" Buttertooth screams while I stare in shock.

"I see. So that was really the problem all along," Mrs Purplestorm says, breathing heavily.

"You need to rest. Come let's go to your room," I say and she agrees.

Holding her, I gently take her to her room and help her lay down. She stretches her body across the bed before relaxing and smiling again.

"I'm glad he's awake," she says and I nod. "I know why your command speeches haven't been working."

"Why? Have I lost my power?" I ask but that only makes her laugh.

"Calm down kiddo. You're still a really powerful Priestess. It's just that you are not the Priestess of Gravicta," she says.

"Huh?" Confusion can clearly be seen on my face by now but it seems she also doesn't get it.

"I'm just glad everything worked out good. You don't have to worry about it at least for a very long time," she says, her eyes gradually closing as she drifts off into a peaceful sleep.

I quietly walk out of her room, thoughts of what she just said flooding my mind but it all escapes when I hear Buttertooth rambling in Zed's room. Walking into the room, all eyes land on me, Zed's included.

I smile as I run closer to him and hug him. "You scared me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," he says, his voice so soft yet so deep.

Buttertooth fakes a cough behind me and clears her throat. "We're still here."

Rolling my eyes, I let go of Zed. "Whatever Butt."

She gasps and glares at me. "You didn't just call me that."

Shrugging and smirking, I say, "It's the beginning of your name so I thought it'll be a good nickname."

"You little piece of trash," she says and tries to grab me but I fly away from her, going around her and staying close to the door.

"I seriously do not have the strength to chase you right now," she says and sits back down with a playful pout playing on her lips.

"Yeah like you did much anyways," I say and she quickly lets out her wings but before she takes off, Puffer holds her.

Both boys are chuckling as Buttertooth and I make fun of ourselves. Well even though it's kind of a one-sided attack, Buttertooth and I smile at each other. I'm so happy seeing everyone happy together.

"Let's all go see my grandmother's grave later," Zed says, keeping a smile but it's obvious it still hurts.

"Sure," I say and Buttertooth nods.

Puffer taps his shoulder and smiles at him. "That would be after taking a bath. It wasn't easy for me when I tried cleaning you up when we got here."

"You touched my body?" Zed asks with raised brows and an amused smile.

"Yep and trust me, you're not as hot as you used to be when we were little," he replies and everyone laughs.

"Don't tell me you had developed a crush on me," Zed smirks and Puffer chortles again.

"You wish. Butt, let's get out of here," Puffer says and quickly runs away from the room.

"Stop. Calling. Me. Butt!" Buttertooth screams and storms out of the room.

"Those two," Zed says, smiling and getting out of bed. "So, are you going to take a shower with me?"

"What, no!" I shake my head, trying to get the thought out of my head.

"Hmm?" He says, smiling and wiggling his eyebrows.

Laughing at his childish behaviour, I turn to leave. "Just take a shower and come meet us outside."

"Okay babe. I'm sure you'd love to touch my hair wet anyways," he shouts out.

As much as I hate to admit it, he is right. His hair already is so nice to touch. Seeing it wet would be so attractive. But of course, I don't admit defeat so I say, "You wish."