CHAPTER 27.

"Hey Eva." I hear as the sound of a knock echoes through the room. My eyes fly open but I still am not able to identify whose voice that is with my sleepy state.

"Uhm who's there?" I ask loudly as I get up tiredly from the bed and head towards the door.

"It's me Puffer," the voice says again and I realize it's him. Feeling so slow, I sluggishly open the door, letting him in.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" He says, looking amused.

"Yes, you did. What do you want?" I ask as I drag myself back to the bed again.

"It's like eleven in the morning. Everyone's up and busy. Plus, I thought we could talk," he says the last part as if asking a question.

I groan as I sit up, pouting and glaring at him at the same time. "Okay, okay. Give me a few minutes to freshen up and I'll be all yours."

He laughs while shaking his head. "Don't let Zed hear you say that. He'll probably die out of jealousy."

Shutting the door behind him, I am left alone to ponder on what he just said. The fact that this is the longest conversation he's made since we met Zed, Katlaine and Decklan makes me smile. I'm guessing he's pretty mad at Zed too and Zed knows that.

I get up once again, leaving the bed and stretching my body in an attempt to get myself up and running for the day when something dawned on me. The room is classy, simple and has enough space to move around. If I got a room like this and we were eight in number when we arrived, then I wonder just how big this place is.

I walk to the bathroom, taking in the simplicity yet beautiful look the whole place has. It takes me more than a few minutes to freshen up as I sometimes get lost looking at stuff around me and when I am finally done with a bath, I decide to check in the wardrobe only to see a few clothes already available.

Putting on a simple outfit, a top with a wing opening and jeans, I make my way out of the room. The hallway is filled with different doors and the whole place is huge. I walk around almost getting lost before I see a staircase leading downstairs, making me wonder how I made my way to the room I stayed in last night without getting lost.

"Oh, look who decided to finally wake up," Buttertooth says immediately she sees me downstairs.

"Good morning to you too." I smile and she hugs me.

"You won't believe this." She squeals, staring wide eyed and hopping while holding my hands.

"What is it? Can you just calm down and talk to me?" I say as I start feeling weak in my arms from the up and down movement.

She calms down but still has a wide grin on. "I'm so sorry, I'm just really excited."

I roll my eyes and smile. "What's it that has gotten you so excited?"

"We're in the late King Lucifer's house," she says and I almost choke on my own saliva.

"What?" I say with wide eyes as I look around the house again, making sure to take in the beauty in all its glory, as stupid as that sounds.

"Yes, we are. This is where he stayed before he became King and also anytime he didn't want to stay in the royal palace," Buttertooth says in a low tone as though what she just said was a classified information.

I roll my eyes again as I shake my head, smiling. "Who told you this?"

"Mrs Purplestorm did but Zed also confirmed it," she says but the mention of Mrs Purplestorm's name changes my mood instantly and I don't know why.

"Um, okay," I say, trying to keep a smile on but from the way she cocks her head sideways, I'm guessing she's not buying it.

"What's wrong?" She asks, staring at me like she's trying to read me.

"What? Nothing is wrong." I lie, looking away from her.

I don't know if I should tell her what I found out about Mrs Purplestorm or not. I should first ask Filn and if she says I can then I don't see why I should hide it from my best friend. Now that I think about it, she's my best friend and I really shouldn't be hiding stuff from her.

"Eve something is up and I know it. Is it because I mentioned Zed?" She interrogates further, leaving me no option than to lie so I nod.

"Want to talk about it?" She smiles as she hugs me.

Now I feel guilty. She's been my best friend for years and she's never once hidden anything this big from me. This is something the Late King Lucifer, his family and Mrs Purplestorm wanted to keep a secret but I'm sure she too can keep it low.

"I'm sorry Butter but I lied. Filn and I had a long talk last night and she told me a lot of things about Mrs Purplestorm that I think you should know too," I whisper into her ears as we hug and I can feel her chin rise into a smile.

"Thank you for saying the truth. If I had found out that you were lying again, I may begin to doubt our friendship," she whispers back and I break the hug and stare at her confused.

"Lying again? What do you mean by that?" I ask with a flat face and she laughs.

"You look adorable," she says and I slap her arm playfully but hard enough to tell her that I am serious. "Okay. You didn't tell me that Zed was the late King's son when you found out. That actually hurt a bit."

"Oh," is all I could say before I hear my name being called from behind me.

Turning around, I see it's Puffer and I remember immediately that I am supposed to be with him as promised earlier. I give Buttertooth a light peck on her cheek and hug her.

"I promise I won't hide stuff from you again but we'll have to talk about this later," I say and she smiles, shaking her head as she walks away slowly.

I turn to face Puffer who's already standing behind me. "So, what's up?"

"You really don't have a good sense of timing, do you?" He groans as he walks past me, leaving me to follow behind.