CHAPTER 23.

The cold air hits my face as I walk towards the front gates of the city. Buttertooth and Puffer are beside me while Mrs Purplestorm and Filn stay in front. It hasn't been a full five minutes since we left Mrs Purplestorm's house but I already feel so tired. Probably because I've been up the last five hours trying to prepare for this trip.

Buttertooth and I had to go home and pick up some clothes and other necessary things needed. My mom didn't want me to leave at first but after explaining everything to her, she had no other choice but to let me. I am the Priestess of Gravicta anyways.

Puffer was able to get some sleep knowing we will be going after Zed and when he woke up. We had to also explain everything about Filn and Mrs Purplestorm being Forgottens. He was so surprised to know that Mrs Purplestorm wasn't who he thought she was. It's as if we literally didn't know anything about her even after knowing her for years.

"So, do you think we should trust her?" He whispers, looking straight at Mrs Purplestorm.

"I don't see why we shouldn't. She's still the same person we knew. She only has a really dark past okay?" Buttertooth says but I can still sense the fear in her voice.

"Guys. We'll be fine okay?" I say and they stare at me for a few seconds before nodding. "This is for Zed."

Silence falls upon us again as we walk past buildings and before we knew it, we were at the gates. Mrs Purplestorm stops moving and turns to face us. The darkness doesn't make it easy to see her face very well.

"I know you don't trust me as much as you used to and it's my fault for not telling you everything. But I want you three to know that I won't hurt you. I really do love you all and you'll come to understand that someday," she says.

"Zed is like a son to me and that's why I'll do anything in my power to get him back. Not because he can stop the demons on the night of the zero moon or anything. I honestly don't care what happens to me." She stops talking when Filn places a hand on her shoulder.

"I don't want you to break down again. Seeing you like that before was enough to make me swear that I won't let it happen again. Now let's go get Zed," Filn says and Mrs Purplestorm smiles briefly before releasing her wings and flying over the gates.

Puffer and Buttertooth follow suit, leaving Filn and I. We both stare at each other for a while before I release my wings too but she stops me from leaving the ground.

"I know you're curious and as the Priestess, you deserve to know everything. I'll explain after we've found Zed," she says and smiles as she releases her wings.

"Why won't you explain on the way instead?" I ask and she chuckles.

"That's because we are going to be flying from now," she says and holds my hand and we both fly over the gates and follow the rest.

I notice that the guards at the gates aren't seeing us as we literally fly past them. This must be the spell Mrs Purplestorm casted before we left. She really is a sorcerer and even if it's scary, it also is pretty cool.

We stay at full speed for an hour before taking some time to rest. Mrs Purplestorm remains quiet just like she's been throughout the flight. She closes her eyes and joins her palms together as though she's praying.

"She's trying to keep the spell under control. It's taking a lot of energy from her. I'll begin a healing spell to help us regain our strength so we don't waste much time resting," Filn says and drags me over to where she wants to sit.

Filn sits down and closes her eyes. "Watch this and learn."

She says something and places both of her hands on her laps before a small ball of light appears and moves slowly towards me. I watch as it gently touches my chest and slowly makes its way inside me. My body starts feeling light and the aching feeling on my wings is gone. The small light goes out my back and slowly makes its way to the others, including Mrs Purplestorm, and does the same thing.

"You didn't heal yourself," I say and she smiles.

"I can't cast a spell on myself. I'm not as good as Purplestorm over there. Besides, she's going to heal me and you have to watch how she does it. It's important because that's the only way you'll be able to do it." she says and stands up.

Buttertooth and Puffer remain silent while Mrs Purplestorm gets up and walks over to meet Filn and I. She joins her palms together again and mumbles something but nothing happens.

"Thanks," Filn says and stretches her body.

"But nothing happened." A light frown appears on my forehead.

"She's faster in doing spells Eva," Filn says and laughs out.

"And she closes her hands anytime she wants to do a spell while you don't. Why is that?" I ask as I watch Mrs Purplestorm and both of my friends fly away.

"That's because she's on another level. That's the same way you'll say your prayers but I'll go into details later as I said earlier. For now, we have to go," Filn says and I nod before we fly, catching up with Mrs Purplestorm and the others.

The flight takes only half an hour before we can see three figures moving on the ground. Mrs Purplestorm confirms that Zed is amongst them before we make our way towards them and land.

"What are you doing here?" Zed asks as he removes his hood, clearly confused.

"We weren't going to sit and let you wander off on your own boy. Now I know why you went off on your own but trust me, you need us," Mrs Purplestorm says and then looks at Decklan. "You put him up to this."

"I'm sure you do know that we'll all die if he doesn't do something," Decklan answers smoothly. "Well who knew you'd finally show your true self."

"What do you mean?" Mrs Purplestorm asks, her voice challenging him.

"Not my story to tell but don't think I don't know who you are. It's a wonder I didn't notice it was you before," he says with a chuckle and walks off.

"What's going on? What's he talking about?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"That's not something we should talking about now. By the way, who's that?" She points behind me and when I turn, I see a third hooded person who I totally forgot was to be here.

"Oh, I didn't introduce her," Zed says, shaking his head like he just snapped out of a shock. "Meet my new friend, Katlaine."

My eyes open widely as my mind struggles to apprehend what the hell is happening. "Katlaine?"

She uncovers her hooded face and steps forward. "Hello sister."