CHAPTER 34.

Nodding briefly, we make our way into the tent to see the leader of the Flightless. The inside of the tent is decorated beautifully but what grabs my attention is the skeletons hanging all over the place. These angels are really sick if they think this is right.

"Oh, my boy Decklan. How have you been?" A deep voice says, causing us to stand straight and walk faster until we see the leader seated.

"I've been okay. You know, here and there, the usual," Decklan says, his voice showing no emotion.

"I see. What brings you here boy?" The man asks.

"We need the part of the Devil's Trident that was kept here," Decklan quickly replies but the man starts laughing.

"You're funny kiddo. Let me tell you the reason why I am the leader here," he says with a smirk, his eyes turning a darker shade as he gets up, revealing his huge body structure.

"What's that?" Decklan says, looking at the huge man like he is harmless.

"Power." All humour drains off the man's face, a strong frown now very visible.

Nobody says anything so he continues.

"The late King Lucifer was the one true king and he was murdered. What makes you think you can just come in here and ask that I give you the part of his sacred weapon I possess?"

It's now clear that he is mad and that makes me scared. His fists ball and he takes a step forward. His eyes roam around, looking at us one by one and even I can feel the hate radiating off him.

"What if I tell you that the true King's only son is here right now?" Decklan says, his voice still solid as though nothing that's happening scares him.

The huge man looks at him hard for a while before sitting back down and laughing again but stops and places his head on his palms for support. "Which of you claims to be him?"

Zed steps forward, his face frowned. "I am the son of the late King Lucifer. I am Lucifer Junior Morningstar."

The man pushes his body forward and takes a good look at Zed. "Prove it."

"Being the late King's son doesn't guarantee that I will have any sort of power. That's for the Chosen one and his Priestess." Zed looks him straight in the eye.

"So, you can't prove it then?" The man asks, resting his body back on the chair.

"I don't think so," Zed replies and the man laughs again.

"You all are welcome to spend the night here but you leave tomorrow morning," he says.

"Thank you," Decklan says, placing his hand on Zed's chest to stop him from talking any further.

"Guards show them their room," the man says and two guards walk us out.

This is really bad for us. I don't know why Zed decided not to add that he is the Chosen one and I am his Priestess but it must be necessary not to. Decklan and Zed start whispering to each other and from Zed's surprised reaction, Decklan has a plan.

"Here's your room. If you need anything, feel free to call any of the guards around you," a guard says.

"Thanks," Zed says and they both turn to leave but not before the other guard nods lightly at Decklan and walks out.

"So, what's the plan now?" Puffer asks.

"We wait," Decklan says, stretching and going to lay on the bed. "Just be ready cause we leave tonight."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Puffer sits on the soft floor rug.

"Don't ask. Just rest and when the time comes, you'll see," Decklan replies and yawns, closing his eyes.