CHAPTER 5.

I have been silent since we left Mrs Purplestorm's office thirty minutes ago. It's just hard to process what I just found out. The late King Lucifer's only son is alive and is my classmate. No wonder he's this hot.

"Shut up Eva," I mutter.

But honestly, he is. I can't blame myself for admitting it.

We're currently going to the cloth store to get our wing robes. Instead of hiring horses, we decide to walk. Mrs Purplestorm takes Puffer away to talk to him so they end up walking far ahead of Zed and I.

Zed still insists on being called Zed.

I have never been good at starting conversations with anyone and that has now earned me an awkward situation. The both of us just walk slowly and stay quiet. I look up to see a few angels flying around. Honestly, I am just looking up so I wouldn't have to deal with the silence. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath but someone grabs my waist and pulls me quickly. My eyes snap open to see that it's Zed.

"Watch where you're going kiddo." I hear someone say and turn to see that it's an angel pushing a bullock cart and I realize that I was almost hit by it.

I turn to face Zed again and he still has his hands snaked around my waist and his eyes down on me. This makes me look down in embarrassment. His brownish red eyes are mesmerizing and even I haven't seen such an eye colour before, or maybe I have. I don't know. I feel I've seen them somewhere before.

"I wouldn't want your beautiful face scarred babe," he says and lifts my face with one hand.

"Oh my gawd he thinks I'm beautiful and he called me babe," I whisper, looking at him but making sure he doesn't hear me. "Eva calm down. He probably was just joking."

A smirk slowly displays on his face and that confirms my thoughts of him joking with me. I want to slap his arm for pulling that on me but I can't. So instead I thank him and look down again, causing his hand to fall off my face. In a way I feel disappointed that he didn't actually call me beautiful. I know I'm not but it still would have been nice to hear it.

"Let's keep walking babe." He stares at me for a few seconds before he shakes his head, smiles and starts walking away. I simply walk behind him.

Today is meant to be awesome and filled with good vibes but I feel so bored. It's been just a little bit over thirty minutes but it already feels like forever. I have questions I want to ask Zed but I don't know if I should or maybe I'm just scared of him. I mean, he's Lucifer's son. Plus, we killed his father. I feel he naturally hates me even without knowing me but if that's the case then I really don't have much to lose by asking, I guess.

"Hey," I say and Zed turns around, anticipating what I'm about to say. He has a small smile on his face but I can swear it looks more like a smirk.

"What's up?" He asks as he stops walking so I'll catch up. From where we are, we can already see the shop.

"I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions," I say in a manner that suggests that I'm asking and not just saying.

"I knew you'd ask. You're always curious." He laughs out.

"And how would you know that?" I raise a brow and fold my arms as we walk slowly into the shop.

" Well babe I've been watching you. You always seem to want to know more every time," He says casually with a light shrug.

"Firstly, you do know I have a name, right? And secondly, who wouldn't want to know more?" I give off an exasperated sigh.

"Firstly, I know you have one but do I care? No. Secondly, the less you know, the better," he says before heading to where Mrs Purplestorm and Puffer are waiting.

What he said stings but I think he has made his point clear. He doesn't want me poking my nose into his stuff. That's fair enough, I guess. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath once more before going to meet them.

"Took you two love birds long enough," Puffer says with a suspicious look.

"Um..." I want to say something but I really don't know how to answer him so instead, I close my mouth.

"Eva come with me. Let's go get you some wing robes." Mrs Purplestorm smiles as she holds my hand.

"You two can go on to the male section and get yourselves some clothes. Meet us at this spot in an hour so we can get lunch together," she says to the boys as she drags me off to the ladies' section.

The smell of new clothes and perfume hits my nostrils. The pink walls are neat and look newly painted unlike the walls at school. Shelves and racks with clothes on them surround us, giving us space in the middle to look around.

We browse through and pick out a few clothes before I go to test them in the changing room. It takes us over twenty minutes to test them all. From what we've picked out, I have five clothes that I've chosen to buy. Three casual tee-shirts, one pink sweater and one dress. They all look amazing, at least Mrs Purplestorm thinks so.

"So, I was talking to Puffer and I asked him a few questions about Zed." Mrs Purplestorm smiles.

Honestly, I shouldn't be talking about Zed after what happened earlier but I can't help myself. "What exactly did you ask?" I ask while folding and packing up the clothes.

We haven't paid for them so I don't think I should get them all rumpled yet.

"A few personal questions that I shouldn't be talking to you about." She grins and I can't help but groan.

"Great! Just what I wanted to hear."

"But there's something you should know though." She bites her lower lip in order to control her excessive smiling.

"What's that?"

"Zed likes you," she simply says like it's nothing before getting up to help me put the other clothes we didn't pick back on the shelves.

"What?"

"Yeah. Puffer said that Zed likes you. Said he has had his eyes on you since he first entered the school."

"I'm sure he's lying. I mean, think about it. Up till today, Zed and I haven't even spoken to each other. What could he possibly like about me?" I say as my cheeks begin to get warm and soon enough my face is a red mess.

Mrs Purplestorm laughs hard as she seems to notice my embarrassment. She ends up not answering me but instead, she shakes her head and taps my back before finishing with the clothes. We go to meet the female cashier to pay for them.

"Let's go meet the boys. I'm sure they're done by now," Mrs Purplestorm suggests after we're done paying.

I nod and we walk out, hand in hand. I'm thankful she's holding me because my head is a thinking mess right now and I fear I'll run into someone like I usually do. All I can seem to focus on is the thought that Puffer can't really be serious about Zed liking me. It would be nice if Zed did though.