CHAPTER 26.

The Fallens are actually nice and peaceful beings. We've been here only a couple hours but they've welcomed us warmly, not minding what the Frees have done to them.

It's late at night and everyone has retired to their various rooms to rest. Well everyone except Filn and I. She promised to tell me something earlier and I guess she wants to talk about it now that we have our privacy. She made sure everybody already left before coming into my room and sitting down beside me on the bed.

"So, what's this thing you want to talk about?" I say jokingly and she smiles softly.

"It's about Purplestorm," she says immediately and then pauses for a while before speaking again. "Or Mrs Purplestorm as you call her."

"Any one is fine. She already asked that we call her Purplestorm but it just feels weird," I mumble but she nods. Seems like she heard me.

With a huge sigh, she says, "there are a lot of things you don't know about her-"

"Yeah obviously," I interrupt her and she glares at me, making me raise my hands in surrender.

"You still can trust her. She's the same person you've known over the years. She just has some secrets that needed to be kept hidden," she explains and the seriousness in her voice tells me this is no time for jokes.

"Okay. Now I'm all ears so tell me those secrets."

"I'm going to be narrating the story of her life. It's been an interesting one but also a sad one," she says calmly.

"You're killing me with the suspense already." I roll my eyes and she chortles.

"Okay so as you may know, she was a Freestar just like you, Buttertooth and Puffer-"

"Okay since we're telling secrets, I think you should know that I am not a Freestar actually. My half-sister, Katlaine, should be proof enough," I interrupt her again and she shakes her head but smiles.

"I'll keep that in mind. Now can I continue with the story or do you have anything else you'd like to say?" She asks with a tone I can't quite decipher.

"Nah I'm good. You can continue with the story." I nod quickly and she heaves a sigh.

I'm sure she thinks I'm too much work but I'm just overly excited and curious to know more about Mrs Purplestorm especially since this was kept a secret from people. She's been my world history teacher for years and I didn't suspect a thing. She was even my favourite teacher. I have a feeling that whatever Filn is about to tell me is huge.

"As I was saying, she was a Freestar and just like the others, she lived in the City of the Frees. She and her best friend, Annie, were inseparable. Well that's what it seemed like until after the Fallens appeared," she says.

"Are you saying the Fallens were the cause of it?" I ask while she adjusts herself on the bed.

"I'm not saying that. After the Fallens came to Gravicta, there was a war. An unfair war against them. The Frees never really liked them and so they were being slaughtered. They refused fighting back," she says.

"Yeah, I know. It's a really terrible thing to experience," I say.

"The war only stopped after a working angel came down and announced the first Chosen one and his Priestess," she explains and realization dawned on me.

"The very first prophesy," I say and she nods.

"The Chosen and the Priestess of Gravicta were to stop the first night of the zero moon. This stopped the war and I guess the Frees understood that they needed the Fallens," she says calmly.

"The Chosen was a Fallen and the Priestess was a Freestar," I say, smiling to the fact that I already knew that.

"Yes correct. The Chosen was the late King Lucifer as everyone knows. But the thing is this whole prophesy destroyed Purplestorm and Annie's friendship," she says and I get confused again.

"How?"

"The Frees decided to make peace with the Fallens and they made Lucifer the king of Gravicta. The late king fell in love with a young lady who happened to be Purplestorm's best friend, Annie," she explains.

"So, the friendship ended because the king fell in love with his Priestess?" I ask and she laughs, maybe too loudly.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. It's just-" She calms herself down before looking at me, clearly amused. "You think Annie was the Priestess?"

I stare at her and she must have seen how confused I am because all amusement disappears from her face as she looks at me in disbelief. I roll my eyes and lay down on the bed as my back starts to ache from sitting too much without a back rest.

She sighs again before facing me and says, "there was a strain on their friendship because Annie wasn't the Priestess of Gravicta. Purplestorm was."

"What!" I exclaim as I lift myself up, staring directly into her eyes.

"Purplestorm was the Priestess of Gravicta but Lucifer was in love with Annie. It became a really messed up love triangle because Purplestorm's love was one sided," she says.

"Wow. This is really huge. So, Mrs Purplestorm had to try forgetting about him?"

"At some point, yes. But not immediately. I told you what caused a strain on their friendship but I haven't told you what actually ended their friendship," she says and I fall back on the bed.

This whole thing is so complicated and confusing, wow.

"What ended their friendship then?" I ask, already tired.

"Purplestorm did something very bad," she says, sounding concerned all of a sudden.

"What? Don't tell me she tried killing the late Queen," I say hurriedly and she laughs.

"No, she wouldn't go that far," she says and I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"What did she do then?" I ask, getting curious again.

"One night, she casted a spell on Lucifer, causing him to think she was Annie and they made love," she says and my eyes almost pop out of my face.

"I don't know why but I can't picture this. But I kind of understand Mrs Purplestorm though," I say and she smiles.

"The story isn't over yet. Purplestorm felt terrible after doing this and she told Lucifer and Annie what she had done and that caused a big fight between both ladies. Lucifer sent Purplestorm out of the royal palace but she didn't return to the City of the Frees. She just disappeared," she says.

"I feel sad. Mrs Purplestorm has really gone through a lot. I'm sure that's when she became a Forgotten," I say, not looking at her but rather looking at the signs engraved on my palms.

"Yes. She only went back to the royal palace a couple times after that but temporarily returned to the City of the Frees after she had seen into the future that the King will die and a chaos will befall Gravicta." She yawns and stretches as she talks.

"So, the late King couldn't stop the demons on the night of the zero moon?" I question.

"He did stop it. They both did it together but she left again after that. At the time she was pregnant so she couldn't do-"

"She was what?" My eyes widen again.

"She was pregnant. She had a son for Lucifer but gave the boy to him after birth and nobody has heard about that boy again," she says sadly.

"I'm too tired to even ask about this." I yawn and I feel myself already drifting off.

"Let's talk about this some other time then. Get some sleep," she says before leaving my room.