CHAPTER 44.

"Kill her!" Decklan shouts and a demon appears immediately and hits Mrs Purplestorm away really hard.

I look straight at the Trident and close my eyes, saying, 'come' and the Trident appears in my hand. With speed the eyes can't follow, Zed rushes Mrs Purplestorm and brings her to me. I quickly create another barrier to cover us.

"Mrs Purplestorm, are you okay?" I ask, trying to heal her but she stops me.

"Shh, you need to unlock that Trident an—" She coughs out blood and her eyes start closing.

"No, you can't leave me this way." Zed holds her. "Eve please heal her."

"Sorry," she says and opens her right hand. "Come."

Zed comes closer and she places a kiss on his forehead before closing her eyes completely. A funny sound makes me turn and I realize that she made the other barrier come close to us, the one in which Puffer and the rest are in. Just as it arrives, it vanishes and I immediately cover them with ours.

Tears fill my eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. We lost her."

"No." Zed laughs weakly. "No, it's not possible. Eva do something."

"I'm so sorry," I manage to say again. It seems as though that's all I can mutter with my body shaking the way it is.

"No!" Zed screams.

I turn to see that Puffer and Buttertooth are also crying while Rigo and Katlaine stay still. Remembering that Decklan could make them kill us, I raise my left hand, saying, 'release' and they both come to their senses.

Rigo groans and rubs his eyes. "What the fuck. Katlaine we need to go warn Zed and—"

He quiets down when he sees where he is. Katlaine stares at Mrs Purplestorm's lifeless body and it doesn't take her long to realize what had happened.

"Mom you can't leave me like this," Zed says and holds his chest. "It hurts."

I feel a sharp pain in my chest instantly and I grab Zed and hug him. "You need to finish up what has begun. He killed her so what are you going to do about him?"

Zed's shaking body stops and after a moment, he gets up and wipes his eyes. "I'll kill him."

He stretches his body, his eyes as lifeless as ever. I am not a fan of revenge but my mind is clouded right now and I can't even think straight for myself. I only feel the pain he's feeling and I want it to end. I release the barrier and Zed disappears, landing a punch on Decklan.

Picking the Trident up with both of my hands, I close my eyes. "Oh ye weapon of the devil, hear me now. The devil is here and needs your power. Unlock this moment for I, the Priestess of Gravicta has commanded."

I open my eyes to see that nothing happened. Decklan and Zed are now exchanging blows and it's not looking good for Zed. Filn just keeps laughing. I need to unlock this Trident fast and get a barrier up.

"You don't look so good Zed. Is it because you saw your mom die again? Does it bring back memories?" Decklan says, laughing and that makes Zed even more angry.

Zed launches himself towards him but he knocks Zed out and brings out a knife.

"Zed you need to get up," I scream and Decklan laughs.

"I almost forgot about you." He steps on Zed's face and smiles. "Filn, kill them all."

Filn closes her hands and brings out a spear. She then says something and the spear shoots at me with full speed. I raise a barrier to cover us all and the spear crashes into it, falling to the ground.

I need to figure something out quickly. Mrs Purplestorm said I wasn't the Priestess of Gravicta because she was alive. But now she's dead, it still didn't work. This only means I was never the Priestess of Gravicta to begin with.

My eyes widen as an idea pops into my head. Filn shoots another spear and it also crashes into the barrier and once it does, I release the barrier and hold the Trident with both hands again.

"Oh ye weapon of the devil, hear me now. The devil needs your power. Unlock this moment for I, the Priestess of Hell has commanded."

I fall to the ground as all energy leaves my body. The Trident stands on its own mid-air.

"It worked!"

Standing up slowly, the barrier I put up for the city disappears. Now I understand why Mrs Purplestorm didn't let me heal her. It would have taken up all my energy. She really wanted us to win this and that's what we will do.

My eyes start getting blurry. I feel weak to the bones but I manage to stand. Looking up, I see that Filn already has two spears ready and she shoots them at us.

One heads for me while the other heads for Puffer. I quickly raise my right hand and with the very little strength I have left, I create a barrier to protect Puffer. The spear crashes into it but I can't protect myself. I close my eyes, feeling the sharp head of the spear pierce through my stomach.

This is it for me. All consciousness starts leaving me but with my last breath, I open my eyes to see a figure in front of me. The spear had pierced not only me but also my best friend, Buttertooth. Everything turns dark as I let go of what life is left in me with regrets.

~'~

PUFFER'S POV

"No!" My voice echoes through the whole place as I run towards Evalaine and Buttertooth.

They look as pale as ever, their body white and lifeless. Tears leak out from my eyes as I see both the girl I love and my good friend dead.

Someone touches me and I look up to see that it's Zed. I don't know how he got here so fast. He squats and holds the two girls, closing his eyes and staying so quiet that it scares me.

"What's happening to her?" I hear Rigo say and I turn to see that Filn is burning but is still smiling.

"It's the prophesy. It was said not to harm the Priestess or the Chosen but she violated it and now she's paying the price," Katlaine answers, her voice shaky and her eyes teary.

"Zed, Decklan is coming. You need to do something," Rigo says and Zed nods, leaving the two girls to me.

"I'll take care of them don't worry," I say even though my whole body feels dead already.

Zed gets up and opens his hand and the Trident appears in it. He lifts it up and hits it on the ground and it disappears all of a sudden but then his wings, hair and eyes turn completely black. Two horns appear on his head. A black tail with an arrow looking head comes out of his backside.

"Whoa you look ready to fight now." Decklan smiles and pours something out of a small container into his mouth. "I was hoping I wouldn't need this but oh well."

With that, flames come off his body as he screams in agony for a while. Then he smiles and vanishes, appearing in front of Zed and hitting him really hard.